EQ dragging feet

Hi folks,

Faxed TU and EQ on 5/20/03 to delete invalid collection. Got a letter from TU dated 5/22/03 that they have deleted the collection. Heard nothing from EQ. 5/27/03 I purchased an EQ CR to get the reference number. Noticed the collection was still there. Filed an online dispute. Followed up with phone call. They said EQ was going to verify ownership of debt, not validity of debt and would get back with us within 21 days.

This is a time-critical error on my report as I am being denied financing until this matter is resolved. EQ said there was no way of changing the priority of the investigation. While I can understand this could be true, does anyone know of a way to speed things up?

Thanks.

Khobar

Followup:

I faxed EQ 5/20/03 and again on 5/21/03 (the first one did have an acknowledge/receipt but the date was wrong, so I resent it the next day using different software). Then I filed an online dispute 5/27, and that's the day EQ says it's going by for their investigation.

Since I have an acknowledge/receipt dated 5/21/03, can I use that as the start of the 30 day (or 21 day as it may be) period? Or does the clock reset depending on when I contact EQ and for what reason?

Thanks.

Khobar