Are CRA's faxes reliable....

• 6 months later...

<blockquote>Originally posted by admin

Fax, on-line or registered mail, they all work..

</blockquote>

:confused: What are the current fax numbers? I can only find thier PO BOX addresses.

[Edit by BIG on Sunday, March 9, 2003 @ 06:54 PM]

Yes, you want a fax transmission result confirming they received the fax and the date. This starts your 30 days.

Only 2 of the CRAs have fax numbers:

TransUnion: 610-546-4605

CSC Credit Services: 281-878-1974

There should be other threads giving Equifax fax number if you are dealing directly with them. As well as other TransUnion numbers used.

Experian has to be done by mail, they changed their policy.

Ok - here is some more info on fax numbers:

<blockquote>Originally posted by tampa5

Based on my zipcode, equifax told me to dispute with their affiliate, CSC credit services and the fax # for csc credit services is 281-878-1974. with csc, I cannot dispute online so I am using fax. The other two I am disputing online. For exquifax their fax # is tollfree 866-802-9793 or 281-878-4841. These numbers I got from their recorded message at 1800-759-5979

</blockquote>

<blockquote>Originally posted by kb9tbq

Yes, you want a fax transmission result confirming they received the fax and the date. This starts your 30 days.

CSC Credit Services: 281-878-1974

There should be other threads giving Equifax fax number if you are dealing directly with them. As well as other TransUnion numbers used.

Experian has to be done by mail, they changed their policy.

</blockquote>

You are correct. Talked with Experian today and the agent stated they took out their faxes a couple of months ago.

Obviously they are attempting to make it increasingly more difficult to obtain contact information for them in a timely manner, without going through the snail mail system. They force you to spend $9 on a report from them just to get a "report number" to talk to a live agent. This is thier way of forcing you to pay for their customer service group.

I live in Texas. As it stands today ... fax numbers are...

CSC Credit Services(Equifax affiliate): 281-878-1974

Experian has to be done by mail (Experian policy change)

Thanks for the help!

Update for consumer disputes:

281-878-1974 Fax

Just called and got this one today, know that they have a new address, but I am thinking that they must of expanded and kept other address as well, since our rep is still in the Houston area.

Have too many numbers this way, lol just realized the same one, other one had prior was also: 281-878-4841

[Edit by kb9tbq on Wednesday, March 12, 2003 @ 09:55 AM]