Strange Things Happening......

Since beginning this journey in March I have been fighting with First Consumers NB, trying to get them to delete a charged off account from 1996. I sent DV letters etc, disputed it with the CRA's only to have them verify. I found out about two weeks ago that this acct. was sold to Westmoreland Agency which is owned by Cap One, I was a little concerned about disputing with them because I do have two Cap Ones in good standing. I sent the DV letter to them about 10 days ago...today I get a letter back from them stating "since you have disputed this account with the CRA's, we are going to close the account and have it deleted from your CR. Excuse me but WTF???? just like that easy! :confused: They continued to write that it may take 60-90 days to get it off my report and yadayada...

I'm still in shock! :eek: happy :D but in shock :eek: STRANGE!

Rainbow, it is strange, especially since everyone seems to have trouble getting Cap1 off of their reports. Maybe it has something to do with you already having 2 accounts in good standing and the fact that it is kind of old.

paw67

Not to mention when these companies buy bad debts they buy them in bulk so sometimes they get things that they arent going to mess with for fear of being sued or SOL limitations or what not

Fax that letter they sent you to the CRAs and get that puppy off of there!!

COngrats