Help with EQ online dispute ?

I disputed several things online with EQ on May 6 and I printed the confirmation number. Do they list the items in dispute even when you do them online? The reason I ask, is because, I have been pulling pg daily and they have not shown any of the items in dispute. I am going to give them the 30 days plus 5 for mailing but was wondering if anyone has had this problem before. Every other time that I have disputed with EQ (cmrrr or via email) they have shown in dispute. Any ideas?

paw67

Mine show some in and others not in. I think I got them figured out though, if you are a member with them, and paying then they put it all in dispute so you can see it on pg. If your not a paying member, then they do what they want. If you go to the request online investigation, put your number in, it should allow you to do another dispute, and will show that a dispute is pending w/close date. If you get to the actual dispute process, (again think they won't let you do online dispute if not a paying member) you will not be able to see what accounts are already in dispute.

Thanks sis. This was the 1st time I had done online disputes for me with EQ and I just used the newest report that they sent me so I am not a paying member. I do remember doing some for DH when he was paying memeber and they did show on PG in dispute so, I'll just wait and see. Thanks again!

paw67

PG is Privacy Guard, which is a credit monitoring service. You can monitor your reports from all 3 cra's. The service is $1 for a 90 day trial and then I think it is $69.95 for the year. DH & I use it to monitor our reports and if we see significant changes then we purchase from the corresponding cra so that we have hard copy.

In order to be able to do an online dispute with the cra, you must purchase the report directly from them and you will get a file#. You will need the file number in order to dispute online on by phone.

To dispute with EXP go to http://www.experian.com/yourcredit

for EQ go to https://www.econsumer.equifax.com/consumer/forward.ehtml?forward=investigation - you will need to enter your zip code and it will let you know if you can dispute online with them or if you need to dispute with one of their affiliates.

for TU go to http://www.transunion.com/content/page.jsp?id=/personalsolutions/general/data/DisputeCreditReport.xml

Another option if you are just starting woul be to sign up for each cra's 30 day trial monitoring service. With EXP you can pull your report daily and get their internal score, with EQ you are only allowed 4 pulls but you get the FICO score include and with TU you don't get a 30 day trial but it is $10.95 for the quarter, you get 1 credit report and monitoring incase something new is added or changes are made to your report. For each of those you can go to the cra's website and get more info.

www.experian.com

www.equifax.com

www.transunion.com

Good luck!

paw67