CALL THE FTC ABOUT TU

I just got off the phone after filing a complaint with the FTC against Trans Union for refusing to investigate inquiries.

The rep I talked to told me to let EVERYONE who has ever had a problem with this to call them and let them know about this.

The more complaints they get in a short number of time will flag them to start looking into things.

Here is the number:

1-877-FTC-HELP (1-877-382-4357);

TTY: 1-866-653-4261

If all of us called in and complained.. imagine the things we might accomplish!!

Thought you guys should know

Here is the link to the complaint form online. You can also use this.

https://rn.ftc.gov/pls/dod/wsolcq$.startup?Z_ORG_CODE=PU01

I started out my complain like this. You can copy it or say it any damn way you please.

//

TRANS UNION REFUSES TO INVESTIGATE INQUIRIES

According to the Fair Credit Reporting Act if a consumer disputes any item on his credit report, the credit reporting agency has to put it under investigation.

//

thanks for the # i tried to get an inquiry off my report that some one tried to get a car in my name they told they dont dispute inquiries so i asked can i put some s**t in ur name so u will have bad credit and she didnt reply i was livid so i called my attorney general and they sent me a complaint form.

In defense of TU, I faxed them a dispute 5/21/03 and had a letter back within the week dated 5/22/03 stating that because of the result of their investigation they were deleting a collection from my CR. So TU walked on water as far as I'm concerned.

Unfortunately, I cannot say the same thing for EQ which is holding up my home refinancing and addition construction. The don't actually investigate anything. Instead they pass the investigation off to the CA and then go by what the CA tells them. To me it's like allowing the fox to watch the hen house, but that's the way it is.

Khobar

TTY is a special service for people who are hearing impared - they have a special service which allows them to type messages, which an operator will then interpet for the other party on the phone to understand. Also they type back message once answered by by the party.

Pretty neat updated technology we have to do about anything regardless of handicaps these days.

*** Sry not mean to affend anyone, by the terminology of different impairments to be politically correct.

[Edit by kb9tbq on Sunday, June 8, 2003 @ 03:29 PM]

Good idea about calling the FTC concerning TU. What a bunch of pains in the butts. I also starting disputing inq. and even wrong pers. info, and they wrote back with a list of companies that inquired and told me to contact them directly. They did the same thing when I disputed a couple of accts. as 'not mine'. Can't wait to see their answer when I dispute my bk which has a wrong filing date in their records.

I called the FTC and filed a complaint against TU. The rep was really nice she said that they are required to investigate everything and I mean everygthing that the consumer ask to be investigated. I got a report number and I'm suppose to send in any papers that the TU sends me stating they will not invesitgate a claim. I called TU back today after getting a stupid rep on the phone that says they cannot delete names and got someone else. He deleted one of the names but says I have to send proof that the other name is not mine. He did this because the other name has accounts under it. I encourage all of you that is having problems with TU to please complain to the FTC.

I disputed several items with TU on 5/5/03, on-line. The 30 days are over and they have not responded at all. Nothing, nada, zilch. What is my next step? Should I write? Should I call? (what is the number?) Should I fax? I appreciate any help that can be given. What is the best strategy at this point?

Update!

I just called TU. Played dumb. They said the disputes have been updated and they sent it today. Checked with PG and SUCCESS!!!!!. The late pays have been changed to payed as agreed. 2 collection accounts have been deleted. All my old addresses and aka names also deleted. YEA!!!!!