Response from CA

landa213

I have a debt to a department store that was opened over 13 years ago and is no longer on my credit report. Of course, they are still trying to collect, so I sent a debt validation letter on 12/6/02. They are just now sending a response on 7/30/03 but not with the 1) agreement with the client granting the authority to collect; 2) original agreement with my signature agreeing to pay; 3) any insurance claims made by any creditor on the account; or 4) any judgements obtained by any creditor regarding the account. All the CA attached were statements from Jan '02 thru Nov '02. I have also been married since the start of this debt so the name on the statements are not my married name. I don't know if that makes any difference.

I am tired of this CA and I know this is well passed the statute of limitations. What else can I do to stop this? :evil:

SOL starts with the last time you made a payment (generally). So, if you paid on this thing to the OC more than 7 years ago, yes, in most states, the SOL has run out.

If you're sure of this, send the CA a cease and desist letter - tell them never to call you again as the debt is time-barred per your state statute # xxx.xxx. DV wasn't really necessary if you already know the SOL has expired.

Who's the CA anyway .. and what state are you in ?