FICO Score?

I am sure this has been posted before....If you get a Credit Score for the TransUnion site is the score different on the site MyFICO. com? My score has gone up 120 points (from 602 to 721 in the last 2 months)..I just dont know if it is worth pulling the score for 12.95 or not?

ok so I pulled www.myfico.com with my TU report. It showed 586 or something like that. Does that mean my true TU fico is that?
Yes. However, this is a "standard" of "classic" FICO score and no guarantee that it'll match a lender exactly if they pull a customized FICO. But, yes that's your true FICO and what most of us use as the "real" benchmark in our credit repair efforts.

Congrats on the progress !

I am glad to hear that the FICO on the TU site is accurate. My score is finally up to 649 and that's with them reporting an inaccurately high balance owed on a good tradeline and also a "paid after charge-off" which is wrong.

Question, when I pull the FICO score from the TU site (it gives you the choice of the TU "personal credit score" or the FICO), is this FICO score specific to my TU credit file? Or is it a "comprehensive" credit score?

Say I go in to a Volvo dealership and they pull my score, are they pulling a sheet from a CRA and ALSO a FICO? If I go to MYFICO.COM are they basing their score on what CRA? It was my understanding MYFICO bases your score on your Equifax credit file. Wow, now I am a bit confused.

I am glad to hear that the FICO on the TU site is accurate. My score is finally up to 649 and that's with them reporting an inaccurately high balance owed on a good tradeline and also a "paid after charge-off" which is wrong.

Question, when I pull the FICO score from the TU site (it gives you the choice of the TU "personal credit score" or the FICO), is this FICO score specific to my TU credit file? Or is it a "comprehensive" credit score?

Say I go in to a Volvo dealership and they pull my score, are they pulling a sheet from a CRA and ALSO a FICO? If I go to MYFICO.COM are they basing their score on what CRA? It was my understanding MYFICO bases your score on your Equifax credit file. Wow, now I am a bit confused.

As for the score from TU, if you purchase the one that says FICO it is your true TU FICO. Th myfico scores that you can purchase are for all 3 cra's now. You have to purchase each individual credit report and it will give you the actual fico for each individual bureau.

Good luck!

paw67

Here is what I like about the FICO site...it actually gives you a recommendation on how to improve your score based on the particulars of your report. For me, it showed that paying my balance down would put me somewhere around 700! Thing is, I have already paid the balance down but it is showing my old balance. How do you get a credit card company to update your balance? I can't wait to be in the 700 club.

They're both specific to your TU File, the difference is the that the TU Personal Score is proprietary TU method of calculating the score whereas the Lender Score (FICO) is based on Fair Isaac method, commonly known as an industry standard of evaluating credit risk.

Say I go in to a Volvo dealership and they pull my score, are they pulling a sheet from a CRA and ALSO a FICO?

No they pull your report from either one, two or all CRA's and they may use either FICO to come up with your score or their own proprietary method. Volvo would probably use FICO...

If I go to MYFICO.COM are they basing their score on what CRA?

It depends on which one you buy, they have one for all three CRA's.

It was my understanding MYFICO bases your score on your Equifax credit file.

No, not anymore, they used to only have one based on EQ, now they offer all three.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I have read quite few times in my recent education that the TU FICO score is called the "Beacon" score. Just FYI.

I'll correct you then...... ;) No, the Beacon score is what EQ calls their FICO score, Emprica is TU and is EX is called Fair Isaac Risk Score.