Should I call her back?

I dispute an item on my report and it came back verified so I sent a DV letter to the original creditor and they never responded. After no response in 35+ days, I sent a CRRR letter to Equifax requesting that they remove the item from my report.

An equifax rep emailed me stating that they can't remove this information once they have verified it with the OC. I emailed her back disputing that they verified and now she wants me to call her, should I?

Generally DV is for a CA, not the OC. Read up some more on the tactics you can use for an OC. The CRA does not have to delete. You can send them a procedural request, if they even know what that is. Even some of the supervisors don't know.

On another web discussion board (which I found through a posting on this board) they seem to be much more aggressive with their interpretation of the laws and what applies to OCs. They also discuss the FCBA (I am not sure of the exact acronym, but it has a B in it) which supposedly also applies to OCs. Anyways, they have sample letters and some good sticky posts discussing dealing with OCs.

The link to their main baord is:

http://www.creditreportrights.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=2

(I am in no way associated with this site, but I did find it useful when dealing with paid OC chargeoffs, though I am still awaiting results).

How can it possibly hurt to call the CRA rep back? In fact, perhaps something good may come of it. I don't think I've ever read an account of a rep wanting to speak to the person regarding a tradeline so maybe what you could not accomplish in writing you can make possible by stating your case to her over the phone.

Good luck.

Please write what you decide to do.