MCI Long Distance Phone Bill

I received my past statements from CA as verification. However they state that MCI does not require my signature. What should I do next? PLEASE HELP.

Read the back side of your bill and see what king of assingnment clause you have. You might be able to get the bill sent back to the OC, and force the CA to remove the bill from your CR.

Also, see if you dispute and charges on the bill. Look in the internet and see if any CLASS action suits have been filed MCI billing violatations you might not be liable for some of those fees.

Also if you haven't dispute with CRA'S, the OC should put your account in dispute otherwise they have violated the FDCPA.

The statement is a computer generated copy...the back is blank...and the signature space is left blank. What do you think I should do. Thanks in advance.

That is not full validation; That is not proof that you have an obligation with the CA to collect.

I don't know how much experience you have with credit repair, but your goal should be to have the bill sent back OC and pay them or get the CA to violate the FDCPA.

Did you dispute with the CRA after getting your green card from POST OFFICE???

I did receive a copy of an agreement between MCI and them allowing them to perform services for MCI. They claim my account was assisgned. Should I sent my second letter? Thanks again in advance.

All other members feel free to jump in here.

ODuran,

You might have a tough case on you hand.

This is what I would do.

For MCI to legally ASSIGN the debt( Assignment has a legal term in contract law) they have to relenquish all control of the debt and the original contract has to have a clause which allows them to. So they MCI and the collection agency might have an agreement between themselves, but your agreement was originally with MCI.

I would ask for an statments for the whole period which add up the to the total they are claiming. Send the request via CMRR and as soon as you get your reciept in the mail dispute with the CRA'S via CMRR the amount being reported. The CA at that point should mark your account in dispute other wise you have them on a violaton.

Once they send you the statements, see what the ASSIGNMENT clause states. At that point even if the assigment clause is legal you might still be able to force them to send the debt back to the OC. The reason being that you are refusing the debt to assigned to another credito.

What ever you do don't send the CA any money or sign anything. Don't even call them. Everything can be done via snail mail(CMRR).

• 2 weeks later...

I have recently run into the same thing. I have a collection agency by the name of CBC National on my credit report with MCI being the original creditor. This isn't mine so I disputed with the CRA and it came back verified. I sent a DV to CBC and they sent me a computer print out. It also wasn't an actual bill. So I sent them a 2nd and last DV telling them this was not proper validation. I am still waiting to hear something from them. So any advice would be great.

Thanks again in advance. I have received copies of the statements. They claim MCI doesn't require a signature. Should I send them a second letter?

I don't find anything wrong with MCI's policy;however, they shoudl be made aware that the law requires they produce proof of this debt adn proof that you are responsible. Now keep in mind that they record the conversations so they should have something;however, of course now they will need to prove the voice on the recorder is indeed your voice. This should be done by an expert IMHO.

I actually disputed it online with Experian as No Knowledge of Account and in the comments I explained that I had asked for proper validation and it has been however many days and I still had not received a response. Then requesting deletion and saying if needed that I could provide them with the proof that I had disputed with the creditor or CA which ever it is your disputeing. Mind you I had disputed this 2 times before and it came back verified, so this method really seemed to work. Good Luck!

• 2 months later...

I'd like to thank the partipants in this thread because this helped me obtain a removal of the entry that appeared on my credit report.

MCI referred an account to one of their collection agencies and that collection agency reported this on my credit report for $20 more than the debt was.

I sent a DV letter to the collection and they responded two weeks later and they provided an online printout of my bill accompanied with their letter head of what I owed them. Two separate amounts.

I informed them that there was no assignment clause and that if there was an obligation, it was with MCI not them.

Yesterday I received a letter stating that the client has withdrawn the account from their office and that they'll remove the account from my credit report.

• 2 weeks later...
Also, see if you dispute and charges on the bill. Look in the internet and see if any CLASS action suits have been filed MCI billing violatations you might not be liable for some of those fees.

In any event that there was a class action suit, in what way does this benefit the OP and also how will the OP go about using this as a weapon. I am just interested in the outcome.

In any event that there was a class action suit, in what way does this benefit the OP and also how will the OP go about using this as a weapon. I am just interested in the outcome.

A class action is for the good of the people. The monetary benefit on an individual basis may not be substantial however it does punish the offender to hopefully not engage in illegal activities going forward.

• 1 month later...

about three years ago I had a cell phone from MCI, one day they shut it off and said I owed $1,300 for charges of early term etc. etc. I had 2 months left in my contract and well needless to say they sent me to collections, I disputed, it went back to MCI again back to collections, I disputed again, refused to pay my last two months and the $1,300 they wanted..for who knows what reasons, so I sent a nasty letter to MCI top dog guys and in almost no time nothing on my Credit Report and no more collections, still to this day MCI free..I hate MCI with a passion...

mulder