FICO score dropped 21 points today

user33658

for no reason. I've removed several derogatory items from my report in that past month and am not using more than 70% of my revolving credit.

I think it's time to take a break from it all, my nerves are just about shot worrying about credit.

Nooo, cheer up...... :oops: The drop could be because when removing accounts from your report, the overall age of your credit decreased. You should ALWAYS focus on the data in your report and strive for clean data and not focus so much on the score. The score will go back up as you continue to add timely payments etc to it. Read this article on scoring http://www.creditinfocenter.com/creditreports/scoring/WhyCreditScoresFluctuate.shtml

Good article. My scores over the last 3 months have been fluctuating up and down. It seems that there are always disputes over that time, so I see that will bring down the score. But, there are a ton of negatives that have been removed without any major increase in scores. To put this all in perspective though, my scores in April of this year were low 500's and high 400's. I was turned away from a mortgage bank with my head hung low and tail between my legs. Now in July, just 2 1/2 months later, I am approved for a mortgage, my scores are high 500's. Also I was approved for a prime CC with my bank and able to refinance my auto with my bank at 10% points lower than I had. Yes, still crappy scores, but, good enough for a home mortgage. Which was my ultimate goal. Now my goal is to bring the scores up, which I know is a slow process.