Goodwill letters

horns

I don't have the specifics, but I know many many people have had alot of success with them with several different people. I personally had luck with MBNA (for an inquiry) and household bank (for late payments). Planet Feedback is a good vessle to use to help you get the attantion of the "powers that be" at all the big companies. Goodwill letters can't really hurt you and are worth a shot almost always. Good luck :D

I had one successful goodwill with First VA bank. It was for a one 30-day late for a closed account. I had 2 auto loan accounts with them, one of them was a cosign for a friend. The cosigned one was the one with the 30-day late. I told them the truth, that my friend was having financial problems. I also reminded them that my other account had a spotless payment history. Additionally, I told them that I was shopping for a home equity loan and that I would seriously consider First VA if...

Anyway, I sent the letter CMRRR. They called me the day they received the letter to tell me that there has been a mistake (?) and that they've sent the CRAs a letter to remove the late.

I have also sent 2 planetfeedback letters asking Fleet and First USA banks to restore my recently jacked up rates. I honestly didn't know that they can simply jack up someone's rate even if the person has never paid late or gone over their limit. They apparently jacked up my rates based on an erroneous chargeoff on my CR. It took these letters and a couple phone calls to the right people to finally have them restore my rates. Fleet even refunded the interest charges they charged me!

So, in a roundabout sort of way, all three of my "goodwill" letters have worked for me although some required more communications than just the letters.

I have to say that I have had amazing results with a simple GW letter. You might try to write it in a professional way asking for forgiveness for any lates on CURRENT accounts. I also mentioned some personal family losses that incurred during my rough two years and found that to work. If you have already settled and an account id C"O'd than chances are slim they will work for oyu. If you have paid the account in full but were delinquent and find that the letter hits the right CS agent than it does work. Also sometimes I had to send a few to get what I wanted and have it cross the desk of someone who gave a crap! Good luck!

EDubb007 :)%

• 7 months later...