CSC/EQ and soft inquiries with Privacy Guard and EQ Gold

w3n8ar

I have equifax gold, and I have not been able to pull my report for the past few days. I emailed the customer care team and asked why...I got a reply that said my file was to large (i.e. to many soft inquiries). They said I needed to contact CSC and ask them to take care of my large file.

sooooooooooo...

When I called CSC, the rep told me I had to many soft inquiries, and that each soft inq. will bring down your score. I questioned her, and she said don't believe me, but its true, keep pulling and you will see.

She also informed me that they will need to remove inq. before I can pull again, but they will only remove a few soft.

hmmmmmmm...

What I want to know...Is this true about soft inq. bringing down your score? And, has anyone else had this happen?

I am still not able to get me Equifax report from privacy guard or the equifax site. I am still being told that my file is to large due to inquires (soft), and I will only be able to get my report through the mail from now on - with no score. Oh, they did say it might clear its self up in 4-6 months. That means no scores for me for a while. :cry: They also said they would refund my eq gold membership fee, since I will not be able to use it.

Am I being picked on? I have not pulled any more than what others have said on this forum!

Any suggestions?

I just got a TU report yesterday. I know EQ hasthe same policy but I didn't have one handy to check out the exact wording. Under the soft inq. section it says "These inquiries are not displayed to anyone but you and will not affect any creditor's decision or any score". These phone reps do not know what they are doing, talking about, etc. One area of caution - if you do have a larger file, you do need to be aware you are at a higher risk for a split file with all the soft pulls, and that can sometimes be a frustrating thing to get resolution to.