Sis can you help me...I need a letter

paw67

Sis, your posts have been so helpful to myself and so many others. You have posted so many wonderful letters that I was hoping you could help me. DH has 2 collections on his EQ that are with the same ca. I thought that I had send dv letter to them before but after looking though everything (boy the paperwork sure adds up quickly) I found that I hadn't done that yet. EQ said they verified the tl's so I attempted to call the phone number that EQ gave me for the ca and it is an incorrect # (just a recorded message saying to enter pin or press * to make calling card calls). Also, the address doesn't totally match the address that they are licensed in my state to use (suite # is different). I know that the address being off by the suite # is a stretch but the phone number is wrong so I am hoping to use that to demand deletion. Do you have or know where I can find a letter to send to EQ demanding deletion since they provided me with bad contact information for the ca?

Thanks so much!

paw67

-

This is the only one I can think of at this time. If you modify it, it should get the job done. But be sure you are prepared to take it to court if you should have to. If I think of another one, I will post asap.

To Whom It May Concern,

Regrettably, due to the incredible amount of endless grief you have caused me in my attempts to correct my credit report, I have been forced to file a lawsuit against Credit bureau name. I have Attempted to go through the process of having inaccurate items on my credit report investigated, but you continue to give inadequate responses that lack any serious attempt to correct these inaccuracies on my report. Thus, this must reach a realistic conclusion.

Your company is currently in serious violation of the Fair Credit Reporting Act. I have proof of mailing of demands to the companies listing negative information on my reports. These letters include demands for evidence and also include direct disputes with credit bureau name. Each violation of the Fair Credit Reporting Act is cause for damages of up to $1,000 plus the potential for punitive damages.

To summarize the situation, I have sent numerous challenges to the credit reporting agencies (including your company) challenging invalid credit accounts that are listed on my credit report. Every time I challenge something on my report, I receive back a standard computer generated letter that merely states the account has been verified or as of late, that you will refuse to reinvestigate despite my offering of new and prudent information that would disprove some of the entries on my reports.

From my research, I have learned that the standard investigation is merely to contact the creditor and ask them whether the account matches with name, social security number and other standard identifying information. If the response from the creditor confirms that the numbers match their database, or if the creditor simply says "yes this account information is correct", then the account is "verified".

I even sent a letter to xxxxxxx xxxxxxx of Experian in Orange, California. He signed for this letter on August 21, 2001. As of this date, Sept. 30, 2001, I have yet to receive so much as an

acknowledgment that he received my letter. Apparently, Experian/Credit Data Southwest thinks it is ok to violate the FCRA and then not respond to complaints, to try and work the

problems to a mutual resolution, which I was entirely ready and hopeful for.

I have run into a brick wall trying to get this false information removed from my credit report. When I contact the credit reporting agencies, they claim that it has already been

investigated and verified. When I contact the company reporting the false information, they claim it has been sold to another company. When I contact the other companies, they never take any action because that is not their business. They are only trying to collect on accounts, not correct invalid information on credit reports.

I am filing this lawsuit against credit bureau name for the following reasons:

1) defamation

2) violation of the FCRA

All I wanted in the first place was for inaccuracies to be corrected or deleted. I feel that I should never have had to go to this extreme to get erroneous information removed. The fact that I gave written, documented proof that one entry was entirely inaccurate, should have been enough to warrant removal of that item. Yet, I was met with "the creditor has verified this account and it will stay as is". How can a creditor verify an account they do not have, proven by the paperwork submitted? I was then told I would have to get the reporter to write a letter directly to you concerning the fact they no longer had this account. I was also told that my written proof was basically worthless and would not be considered.

This, I am sure you are aware, goes against the FCRA. I am willing to dismiss the lawsuit and save us both the cost and aggravation of fighting this out in court if you will delete the accounts in question and prevent them from reappearing on my credit report. Through the process known as blocking or

cloaking. I'm hopeful that you will agree, the fact that all I want is a correct credit report is not too much to ask.

The accounts I would need deleted are as follows:

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

I look forward to your response. If you decline this offer of settlement, I will seek the full amount available in county court and a court order from the judge ordering that the information be removed.

I will be seeking to obtain a mortgage in the near future. If this invalid credit report information forces me to pay a higher interest rate than I would otherwise, I will be filing a new lawsuit against you for the difference in payments over the life of a thirty-year mortgage. Such damages could exceed $100,000 if the interest rate would be just a couple of percentage points higher than it should be with a correct report.

Please do the correct thing and resolve this issue now. It will save everyone an enormous amount of time and expense that could and should be avoided.

Sincerely,

your name

Authors: LKH & LIZARDKING

If yorn not wanting to sue, maybe fix this one up and take out the part about resending dispute. Also, reword where you list the accounts, and add how you they gave wrong numbers and what have you.

Credit Bureau Verification Procedure Request

This letter should be sent to the credit bureaus should they come back with a “verified” response to you when you dispute a negative mark. Credit bureaus will not take the time or trouble to send you this information unless you ask, but it is your right to know it under the FCRA. Many times you can use this information as ammunition for your credit disputes.

Your Name

Address1

Address2

City, State Zip

Company

Address1

Address2

City, State Zip

Date

To Whom It May Concern:

This letter is a formal request for the description of the procedures used to determine the accuracy and completeness of the disputed information, including the business name, address, and telephone number of any furnisher of information contacted in connection with this reinvestigation, in compliance with the The Fair Credit Reporting Act, Section 611, part B, subsection (iii)

§ 611. Procedure in case of disputed accuracy [15 U.S.C. § 1681i]

(6)

(B) Contents. As part of, or in addition to, the notice under subparagraph (A), a consumer reporting agency shall provide to a consumer in writing before the expiration of the 5-day period referred to in subparagraph (A)

(i) a statement that the reinvestigation is completed;

(ii) a consumer report that is based upon the consumer's file as that file is revised as a result of the reinvestigation;

(iii) a notice that, if requested by the consumer, a description of the procedure used to determine the accuracy and completeness of the information shall be provided to the consumer by the agency, including the business name and address of any furnisher of information contacted in connection with such information and the telephone number of such furnisher, if reasonably available;

I am disappointed that you have failed to maintain reasonable procedures to assure complete accuracy in the information you publish, and insist you comply with the law by providing the requested information within the 15 days allowed.

As a matter of convenience to you and to expedite my request, I am resubmitting my request to correct my credit report.

Name of Creditor/Agency, Account #_________

<List your reasons for disputing this negative mark here, inaccurate account information, dates wrong, etc.>

As already stated, the listed item is inaccurate and incomplete, and is a very serious error in reporting.

Sincerely,

Signature

Your Name

Your SSN

sis, thank you, thank you, thank you. I will get the letter on the way. This is for DH so I will 1st find out how far he wants to go with it. I think he would be willing to sue if necessary but we'll see. Thanks again for the help!!!

paw67