EQ put fraud alert on my report

Raimondi65

Who did you send DV letter to? are you saying that the collection agency or creditor took the initiative to notify CRA for you.

Or did you send DV letter to the CRA? only disputes go to the CRAs.

The fraud alert will last 3 months, and it will shut you down for online ordering of your credit report. So you want to contact them back and let them know you did not activate this.

kb,

I sent DV letter to Midland collection for FCNB. They did not respond, so I sent a follow up demanding they respond in 15 days and they did not.

I then sent a letter to EQ for CA that does not respond to DV request(sample letter).

Midland was deleted before dispute was completed. I received communication about 2 weeks after dispute to EQ on no response to DV regarding fraud alert. I did not read it careful enough to realize that it was placed on my account.

Ironically today I received dispute results that said even OC/FCNB was being deleted, woo hoo...

I just wondered if I should just leave well enough alone and not make issue of fraud alert, but I dont want to make it impossible to receive credit offers, or obtain reports online.

I am subscribed to Credit Watch Gold. Will this affect my ability to use my subscription?

Yea, you want to call them back to take off the fraud alert, not sure if the opt - out is reversable though. The deed is done, but you want to becareful of that fraud alert for future notice, just a feeling that it is possible to come back and bit if you are not careful.

Yes, I know that is exactly what got the CRAs attention to add fraud alert.

See there is a reason that letter is worded the way which it is, and that is for people who may be outside of the original first 30 day communication to request validation - after this point the FDCPA does not specifically say collection agencies are required to validate, so with the wording of the letter you are hoping to convince them otherwise to accomplish this. They don't always validate though, it is just an effort to get their reconsideration. An honest mistake on your part, can be fixed though.

Just myself personally, I would recommend keeping ID Theft claims seperate from credit repair by all means possible, for the reason that it should not be taken for granted as a tool for credit repair. Reason I say this, is because I do speak on a regular basis with people who are dealing with ID Theft & the ones with legit problems are facing resistance unfairly.

The collection agencies are treating innecent people like deadbeats; and more and more cases of ID Theft are being discouraged and put off by this attitude when people call them to report actual cases of ID Theft.

I tried to get my FICO scores over the weekend and I got a response that they could not authenticate EQ or EX. So I emailed them to find out what the problem is.

They said EQ and EX both had fraud alert on my reports.

Looks like I have to call EX now as well.

Sorry, oversight on my part - when ever one CRA activates fraud alert - automatically now - they will notify the other 2 CRAs to also activate fraud alert. That just changed this year, so you will be shut down on internet delivery until you cancel with the other ones as well.