post BK rebuidlig

humdinger

I'm reviewing my reports, I rec'd BK7 in 8,2001. Once I've gotten all my accounts to report accurately, what else can be done to increase my score?

What I'm focusing in on now is the general content'

Things that can't be changed:

BK 7

and the 8 accounts that were included in it, all I can do here is get them reported correclty.

What's left;

1 open CC shortly to report 400 bal/7000 CL, open 8/2002 no lates

2 open Sallie Mae's "pd as agreed" never late

1 closed CC, closed(8/2002) when I got better card was open 1 year "as agreed" never late

2 closed installments "pd as agreed" University loans closed Sept 2001

1 closed installment HFC Pd as agreed closed Oct 2002

2 accts "closed by credit grantor" but paid as agreed not lates reported

opened 1989 closed 1999renegotiated terms so I could go back to school

Do I need to get additional credit? If so what would help the most?

2 accts "closed by credit grantor" but paid as agreed not lates reported

opened 1989 closed 1999renegotiated terms so I could go back to school

On this one, contact the original creditor and request them to report that you closed this account / or at least remove the notation off the credit report of "closed by credit grantor".

Do I need to get additional credit? If so what would help the most?

You really don't look all that bad for your pre bankruptcy history, at this point you could stand to add another credit card or two and think about an installment loan with your local bank or credit union. Establish a relationship now that you can build on later.

Also, work at long term relationships, pick creditors that 10-30 years down the line you will still have a use for. Avoid department store cards and personal finance loans when possible. The rest will just take time for your established credit and payment history to age.

No, you misunderstand me, if you go through the creditor then you won't have that problem of the account being deleted.

Call customer service and let them know you want to verify this account, once they locate you in the system or can find a department that can locate you - then let them know your credit report is reflecting closed by credit grantor which you believe to be incorrect since you had renegotiated these at the time.

Just like that, if they don't find you they sure are not likely to go through the extra trouble to delete, but to be on the safe side, stress that you just want an update to this account with the CRA not removal of the reporting.