JUDGEMENT QUESTION

Randysbarb

Ok, so I have a satisfied judgement on my report (all 3) from SC dept of Revenue. I was never even notified of a judgement and was NEVER sent anything. I found out when I tried to buy a car. The judgement was satisfied by State of SC keeping my income tax refund in 2001.

My question is, what would you suggest in getting this removed? I have tried goodwill letter to State of SC but they won't budge. Please help!

Ok, so I have a satisfied judgement on my report (all 3) from SC dept of Revenue. I was never even notified of a judgement and was NEVER sent anything. I found out when I tried to buy a car. The judgement was satisfied by State of SC keeping my income tax refund in 2001.

My question is, what would you suggest in getting this removed? I have tried goodwill letter to State of SC but they won't budge. Please help!

I agree with creditmess. I had 2 on EQ and 1 on TU and got them deleted by saying "not mine". Now my husband had one that I disputed and it came back verified. All of the sudden it just dropped off...go figure :roll:

Don't give up....Liz

Think that you have a year from the date of filing to check with the court house about vacating the judgment or having it dismissed due to undue service.

But you must check with your state on what proper service is, like with the states attorney on this matter.

Some states like Illinois - say you must be served in person, others will allow for certified mail, and yet others will allow for notice to be printed in your local newspaper - I know ladynred posted a follow up on this a while back clarifying the matter. Look through her posts to see if you can find further information.