Sign in to follow this  
gumshoe

Stamps.com

Just a helpful FYI(I hope). There is a website called stamps.com that has a free 29 day trial period for their online postage service. I signed up yesterday. It seems it could be a great tool. you can send packages and CMRR letters without waiting in those long lines. Just a thought. Any comments.

I use Stamps.com all of the time. However, it does cost more than just regular postage. It's $15.95 a/month plus you have to buy their paper to print out the stamps.

It's a lifesaver for me to avoid going to the post office and saves tons of time. One other tip is FedEx. They have offices all over with no lines, and 3-day delivery is about the same cost as CRRR. Plus, people are more likely to open FedEx mail than CRRR, and the delivery of the DedEx mail is confirmed.

I have a cleaning business that i aslo plan to use stamps.com for and personal use as well. Have you had any problems. Any hidden fees. How much do u usuall pay for postage per month.

I don't think our costs will compare because I am shipping out packages...but I don't think there are any hidden fees.

Admin,

I think with FedEx you can open a personal account and have shipping billed to your cc. Do you know if it is possible to use those accounts for the 3 day delivery. That would make it very convenient.

Does anyone know more about that?

For those using stamps.com to send CMRR, I have a question. When I click on special services, I have to check certified and return receipt. But, when I put the green card on the actual letter, do I also have to put the separate certified mail form on it too, or does the green card act as both? Can you tell I've never sent anything CMRR before? :oops:

Just don't want to screw these up, my first batch of DV's are going out tomorrow, if I can figure this out.

Admin,

I think with FedEx you can open a personal account and have shipping billed to your cc. Do you know if it is possible to use those accounts for the 3 day delivery. That would make it very convenient.

Does anyone know more about that?

that's true. That's how I have my FedEx and UPS accounts set up. It's usable for any of their shipping services.

IF anyone wants to try stamps.com(and no this is not my site) then go to giftfox.com and sign up. IT is one of those reward sites. You get $5 to sign up and $20 within a couple days if you sign up for the trial for stamps.com. You will get a check in about a month. I signed up on december 23 or something like that and got paid about a week ago. If you cancel your membership you still make $25 free buckeroos. They have other offers you can sign up for including some credit cards so if you need one of those cards(high profile not crap I think chase is one of them or amex) then sign up and get something for being accepted. This is a legitimate company that is an offshoot of bigbigforums.com which I have been a member of for 4 years(this is a credit forum and bigbig is a shopping forum).

I have an account with Airborne Express. A company I did business with several years ago used them, so I opened an account. I've been using them for 6 years now and never had any problems. They send all the supplies I need and never fail to pick up. Even when I called from a different city. They send a bill about a month later. There isn't any credit checks either. They just issue you an account number, send a starter kit and start picking up your packages. I only use them now about 2 or 3 times a year and that still is not a problem. I highly recommend them.

I use Stamps.com all of the time. However, it does cost more than just regular postage. It's $15.95 a/month plus you have to buy their paper to print out the stamps.

It's a lifesaver for me to avoid going to the post office and saves tons of time. One other tip is FedEx. They have offices all over with no lines, and 3-day delivery is about the same cost as CRRR. Plus, people are more likely to open FedEx mail than CRRR, and the delivery of the DedEx mail is confirmed.

They have a tiered system, I think - because I don't send much actual mail anymore, my stamps.com basic charge is only $4.59 a month or so. I know it's a weird number but I'm too lazy to go look at my cc statement ;)

And, get this - you can buy that special paper at the post office now. Am I the only one who finds that ironic?