Okay, Procedural Letter question............

FixCredit

I'm sending off my procedural letters and on it is says they need to respond in the "15 days allowed by law". What do I do after the 15 days if I don't hear from them? Do I have some sort of recourse?

Thanks

FixCredit

Also, in anyone else's experience has this gotten anything else removed or changed ?

Well if it is an issue you have them dead to rights on - you can opt to use a ITS letter Intent to Sue.

These I caution on, CRAs can make life Hell - seen people get black listed - meaning they can't access their credit file. Equifax is good at this, not even creditors can access the files!

IF you do go this route be prepared to back yourself up and take them to court. We do have a good source of members that can help you on that part. :p

Disputing persistance can eventually pay off - you can even space your disptues a bit further apart if you had frivolous letters sent out at some point.

Your more then welcome to try the ITS letter - I know some have accomplished settlements outside of court to get things removed.

If you have a dispute which you know you are right about - you might take it up with the creditor directly.

Or if dealing with a collection agency try debt validation route.

There are always options, just depends on what you are dealing with on what can be mixed and matched on the goodie bag.

Thanks again!

Well, I think I'll just keep at the disputing for now......no ITS letters just now anyway....BUT will be going to court to get two judgements vacated........both are not valid and should never have been placed.......I think one was a mistake made by CitiFinancial that they don't want to own up to (long story) and the other was paid off 'before' the date of judgment ..........btw, I've tried working with both creditors (Cap one and Citifinancial :x ) and neither are willing to work with me on these. Although, both basically told me to take it to court and they would not come and protest it, supposedly resulting in vacating of the judgements. We'll see.

FixCredit

Well you best get to the Court House ASAP - you only have a given time for vacating a judgment (think it is to be 1 year from the file date).

If you want to hear about judgments & major headaches - I have a story for you -

Say a plaintiff takes the defendent to court, but in this case the defendent actually wins the case, so along comes the independent source for the CRA collection up judgments to be added,

They don't read the fine print, and enter the information on the defendents credit report as a judgment aginst him!

Yup, seen two of these now, problem is that it is easy to happen, someone needs to teach the clerks at the court house to write clearly!!!

But unfortunate for the defendent trying to get a mortgage loan just to find out this is on his credit reprot. Got fixed, but none the less, just imagine the damage to his credit score.

Well you best get to the Court House ASAP - you only have a given time for vacating a judgment (think it is to be 1 year from the file date).

Oh no!! Both were filed just OVER a year ago! (we only recently found out about them on our credit report-didn't know they were there-had no reason to suspect) I've talked with both court houses and neither has mentioned this to me. Is there no way to get them vacated after a years time?

Seriously, neither should be on there. I even have credit reports showing timely payments every month for one of these (no lates)(plus, my checks where I made payments)..........and they put a judgment on me?? (this is the one I think they messed up)

and the other was paid before the date of judgment............I have valid arguments on both!

I hope this is not the case........ :cry:

I'm so over all of this already...................very frustrating. :(

FixCredit

Go back and check with the court house, I could be wrong on this matter, just repeating hearsay, but check none the less.

If you have been paying & can prove so, you may need to dispute directly with the creditor in this case and get their cooperation to remove this information, you always have more then one means for resolving matters of this sort, - take heart, you will find a means on this. But continue to dispute to get off of your credit report none the less that way. ok

Apparently the woman at the courthouse told my husband to make sure we let them know that we just now found out about it. So, maybe that's the key?? And, I do have recent copies of our credit report to show that this is when we found out, etc.

Hopefully all will work out .......(through disputes or court anyway)....

thanks and have a great weekend! :)