Starting to dispute my credit...need advice!

iwantgoodcredit

Good Morning to all

I will start disputing info on my credit reports soon and I was wondering how to start...

How many accounts to dispute at one time, how long to wait in between, etc...?

Also, can anyone explain to me what "re-age the account" means and how I go about it.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated on how to start what seems to be a long war ahead. Thanks. :wink:

Well, I'll tell you what I did for DH & myself & I'm sure others will also give you what worked for them. Started by purchasing credit report. We purchased EQ first and then the other 2. Sent 1st round of disputes to cra via cmrrr. For me I only had 4 items that I wanted/needed to dispute so I did them all on 1. For DH he had about 11 that I disputed and I did those all on 1 also. After 1st round was over and results came back we then went the dv route with the ca's. After getting green cards back we disputed again with the cra's and more things came off that way. My reports are pretty clean (or at least as clean as I think they are going to get) but DH's still have several accounts with the same ca and we are not getting anywhere with them so I filed complaints with the FTC, my state attorney general office and the BBB. DH also has some judgements on his report that we cannot get off so we plan on waiting until CHOD time and hope to get them off then.

Good luck!

paw67

when i started i disputed all accounts at one time but others dispute half of the accounts wait 30 days for results and dispute other half. when and if accounts come back verfifed then fire off dv letter to ca's only if u hav oc's then send them a verification letter there are sample letters at top of board fix to suit ur needs. wait 30 days or until u get response and then go from there. reaging is when ur last activity date from oc is pushed up say if ur last activity date is 9-96 and it is changed to 9-97. hope that answered ur questions. i also read on the board if u use the dv sample letter delete the part that says identity theft ull see it when u read the letter