Goodwill Letters

famurat

I have had a positive response on one of my goodwill letters. I wrote them a letter explaining my situation, that basically I was irresponsible for a while but then for the next two years I made payments on time and paid it off. Begged them to change it. Verizon Visa sent me a letter back saying they were sorry for the mistake and would update my account to never late, closed by consumer. I was late and the account was closed by them. They finally updated on TU so it looks great on all three. I just used a version of the goodwill letter I found on this website and changed it a little to suit me.

Has anyone had any success with goodwill letters. If so, please explain.

Welcome to the board!

I wrote a goodwill letter to JC Penney and the response was very positive :) . They agreed to remove any and all negative information from all three major cras.

However :roll: , while I was trying to refinance my home to benefit from the low rates, a RMCR was pulled and it goes back seven years...it was still there :x.

My option was to call JC Penney and get another letter to fax to the three cras and have it removed . I'll let you know the results when I receive response.

Try looking at the samples above :)

Again welcome and good luck :wink: