How does items in dispute effect your score?

Raimondi65

My DH and I are trying to refinance our mortgage. Had my broker pull our scores and after seeing the jump in my scores damned near wants to hire me as their "credit repair person". LOL. Anyways he said I can get approved on an adjustable rate mortgage if I can get my middle score closer to 620. I am very close. Real close to losing several inquiries which will help.

I am wondering, if I put the BK(chapter 7 discharged in 2000) in dispute, does anyone know if that will raise my score enough to get my approval. I have a few other items that I requested DV on and got no response and am waiting for CRA to remove. That may get my scores up enough too.

Any suggestions out there?

Thanks,

Darlene

My DH and I are trying to refinance our mortgage. Had my broker pull our scores and after seeing the jump in my scores damned near wants to hire me as their "credit repair person". LOL. Anyways he said I can get approved on an adjustable rate mortgage if I can get my middle score closer to 620. I am very close. Real close to losing several inquiries which will help.

I am wondering, if I put the BK(chapter 7 discharged in 2000) in dispute, does anyone know if that will raise my score enough to get my approval. I have a few other items that I requested DV on and got no response and am waiting for CRA to remove. That may get my scores up enough too.

Any suggestions out there?

Thanks,

Darlene

If you dispute your BK w/EQ it will raise your score temporarily (max 30 days or until they finish w/their investigation.) But with the other 2 CRA's it won't do a thing w/your score! :cry:

Whenever you dispute w/EQ those neg TL's won't show up. So it is suggested when applying for CC's or loans you try to find which CRA the OC is pulling your CR from first before you apply. So you could inflate your score temporarily to get approved. But that is just w/EQ!

Its hard to say how much your score would go up. It really depends on what your scores are now. Wait til the IQ's come off and then see what your score is and dispute away! I think its worth a try! :D

What is your utilization on your accounts with balances?

You might have room to pay some debt down - to boost the scores, this is the quickest way to boost that I know of.

How many of what types of accounts do you have?

Like how many revolving / auto / installment...

Stuff like this - might help - if they can be changed.