I hear a lot about the Chevron Card on this board ... sounds like it's easier to get, than some ... Is it good to have a gas card for your credit score? Will it hurt you?

I really do not need a gas card, because I pay via ATM/Debit ... I have one Visa and one MasterCard ... but I'd consider getting a Chevron Card if it would help my score ... Please advise.

Well, it does seem easier to get then others. If you are denied the "regular" card they will sometimes issue you a "rebuilder" card. DH got the rebuilder card with a $300 limit and a $30 annual fee.

A gas card is good to add because it helps your credit mix.

Good luck!

paw67

Chevron is good if you have one by you. To diversify your credit is a great thing. It will knock your score down 5-10 points when it hits your CR then after you pay it a few months it does nothing but raise your credit. All CC's are like that. i took hits laft and right when I gained new CC's and now I have a few months over them , my score raises 2-5 points each reporting session. Some report every month and others every three. New credit that's paid on time will help in the long run. Eventually you or your DH will have to get installments and mortgage type loans on your report to really help. Good luck!

Edubb :wink:

What were DH's stats?

If you are asking me, here they are:

4 judgements - 2 paid 2 unpaid

2 law suits - not reduced to judgement - these were actually dismissed

6 collections - 2 showing paid 4 unpaid

3 positive tl's (oldest was about 22 months) all paid as agreed/never late

3 charge-offs - 2 paid 1 unpaid

If this question was for someone else sorry :oops: .

paw67