Do not Call list...What if

gumshoe

...That list became available to any CA or OC. That would be very interesting... they probably would find me and start the harassment. Once I finishing cleaning up my credit I will NEVER let it get messed up ever again. Just a thought. Any more....

Do not call list is specifically for stopping solicitation - not stopping collection calls.

To stop Collection Agencies from calling you need to write them a partial cease and desist letter saying not to call you at work / home / or call family / friends, but that all communication must be done instead in writting.

And Original Creditors, you can try cease & desist letters, but they don't have to honor this, if they are calling on debt owed.

Kb, I think you misunderstood Gumshoe's post. Gumshoe is not saying that the list is for CAs. Rather, that the CAs could use the list to find alleged debtors. It was a very good observation on Gum's part, since that is, in fact, what I have read they intend to do! :evil: