Attn. Business Credit Account Holders

TylerDurden

Is your business credit account being reported on your CR by the OC?  

77 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I want to write a letter to the FTC, to ask their opinion on business credit card reporting on one's personal CR. It seems like it's varied, so I wanted to get an idea of what different creditors are doing. I don't need to know the name of the OC, if you'd rather keep it private.

I personally answered three times, because in my case, there were three separate creditors. One only reported when the account went delinquent. The other two never reported.

My take on this is that they should either (1) report the account since the time the account was opened (so that it could affect one's credit score when it is in good standing, not just when it's delinquent), OR (2) not at all.

TIA for your participation.

Hmmm... apparently you can't cast more than one vote :roll:

So here are mine:

1 for yes, when the account became delinquent

2 for no, the account was never reported, even when it became delinquent

Also, for choice 3, I should have said "if" not "when" it becomes delinquent. :wink:

Thanks for your feedback, Kristy. :)

What I wanted to find out is whether "selective reporting" is allowed. It almost seem to me that those who only report when the account becomes delinquent, use the reporting only as an intimidation tool, because if they have not "regularly and in the ordinary course of business furnishes information to one or more consumer reporting agencies about [their] transactions or experiences with any consumer" (i.e. if they have not been regularly reporting the business credit account on one's personal CR since the time the account was opened), are they then allowed to report it ONLY after it becomes delinquent?