can a CA check your credit?

Slow Eddie

i got a call from a CA the other day, which was strange considering i recently moved and had my number unlisted.. i casually asked how the CA got my new number, and the woman told me she had my credit report right in front of her...

since i had just recently got a car loan, my updated info (new address and phone number) is now on my report..

i thought there was some law that only the OC could pull your credit report on a regular basis? anyone know?

ps... i asked them to send me proof that the accounts were mine.. its been about 3 weeks and still no validation.. whats my next step? contact the CRA's?

thanks,

Slow Eddie

i'm sorry, i dont know what cmrr... (EDIT) just figured it out... nope, didnt mail them a letter...

and no, i havent done a dv letter to the ca yet...

the way this came about was that they called out of the blue after seeing updated contact info on my credit report..

Eddie

A CA can pull your report as much as they like since they have permissible purpose. What you need to do is have them validate the debt and send this request CMRRR. After they receive such a request and until they validate they shouldn't pull.

i got a call from a CA the other day, which was strange considering i recently moved and had my number unlisted.. i casually asked how the CA got my new number, and the woman told me she had my credit report right in front of her...

since i had just recently got a car loan, my updated info (new address and phone number) is now on my report..

i thought there was some law that only the OC could pull your credit report on a regular basis? anyone know?

ps... i asked them to send me proof that the accounts were mine.. its been about 3 weeks and still no validation.. whats my next step? contact the CRA's?

thanks,

Slow Eddie

1. Don't talk to CA's on the telephone. Period.

2. Debt validation and CD notices need to be done in writing. CMRR (certified mail with a return receipt)

thanks,

There are many ways that you can be found.. Skip tracing, using Fast Data web, Skipease, Google and other web sites.. Fast Data Web will give all of your old address, relatives, and any Phone Numbers that were associated with it.. A lot of imformation in also on the Comments in relation to the history of your account.. If the Collection agency is trying to collect a debt , they do have the right to pull a credit report.. If there is a way, you will eventually be found..

Slow Eddie