Experian Discounts me as an AU?

dannyj

My parents recently placed me as an authorized user on their AMEX. On EQ and TU it boosted my score by roughly 30 points (The card was issued in 1987 and has a perfect paying history with a six figure usage amount)

However Experian placed the account on my report but it did nothing to boost my score. They made a note on the account that states

"The Social Security number that you gave us when you contacted us shows that credit was established before the number was issued."

Needless to say, I really want those points, especially with EXP being the only bureau reporting a derog.

Any advise?

Thanks

That's weird! I have the same situation with my parents making me an AU. EX has the same note on mine, but I don't think that means they are discounting it because my score went up 70 pts when it was added! I'm really glad you brought it up though because I have been wondering about that note. Maybe someone here knows exactly what it means. NE1?

However Experian placed the account on my report but it did nothing to boost my score. They made a note on the account that states

"The Social Security number that you gave us when you contacted us shows that credit was established before the number was issued."

Creditors using FACS+ will see this exact message that Experian just kicked back to you about having this account.

I think they have suppressed the tradeline from affecting the credit score on purpose for this reason. You need to write back to the CRA, pointing out that if they would read the reporting right, they would see that you are just an authorized user, and that you want this matter fixed so that this account can contribute to your scores as you had intended for it to do when getting added.

Hope you can get resolve on this matter, sometimes they can be pretty stupid sorry to say.