Question about soft pulls relating to hard pulls...

dgold21

Say for instance you have a number of soft pulls by potential creditors, for the purpose of promotional offers of credit, on a particular report, i.e TU...would that same creditor be likely to pull from that same CRA if you were to apply for credit from them?

Scenario, my TU is far and away better than the other two (for some unknown reason)...if I were to apply for credit from a creditor that had recently made a soft pull on my TU...the thinking is that they would make the hard pull from TU as well, increasing my chances that it would be approved...right? Or is my logic flawed?

Very good likelihood that they would,

Some creditors pull by zip code, some creditors are know to switch CRAs which they use. Some creditors pull by what area you actually contact.

So the trick is getting back to the exact department which accessed your credit report once already. Not get another independent office say in another state.