Stucture Reporting

BudCle

I have been sucessful in disputing and winning my cases with companies over the past 6 or 7 months. I have a couple questions that I need help with. I found out that I owed structure around $100 and for some odd reason never paid it, probably because the bill was being sent to my parents house while I was at school. I have wrote a letter requesting that I would pay in full if they would either remove the charge off or update as paid as agreed. They sent a letter back saying send in 50% of the outstanding and they will update my file as paid charge off? Should I do it? :roll:

Second question is while in school I had an account with Time Warner I called and closed the account. Come to find out while no longer in school my roomates called and TW turned the account back on including the service. Anyways a $350 billed was racked up and I continue to argue with them that is was shut of my me. They said that was fine but for some odd reason it was turned back on. I got the bill down to $205 should I just pay it even though they can't find my contract and the one they sent me has anothers' signature..

Thanks for the help

Well, the best which you want to accomplish on the 1st one is removal - would re-send letter stating that you are more then happy to pay the full amount for removal. This is important since this can stay on your credit report for 7 years showing paid charge off. If you can't get them to move on this subject, then you might just take the settlement, then later through disputes with the CRAs try for deletion that way, but it is not an easy thing.

On your second case that would be up to you, I know that you have a right to file police report / activate fraud alert / send affidavit & copy of police report to the creditor disputing that this is not your bill. That you have been victimized in this matter. And know for a fact you closed this account with them. If you have any documentation confirming this matter, then forward to them. If not, then you just have to keep at your dispute and see if they can investigate further on this end, or come to the mind to forgive the debt.

If you still can't get resolve in the matter, then that is up to you if to pay this, but like the first one, try for deletion negotiated with the payment.

Best of wishes,