Am I siting the FCRA correctly?

humdinger

Before I send this letter off siting sections of the FCRA to a CRA...

Would you all look to see that I am siting correctly and not making a fool out of myself?

I am entitled to all the information in my file 609(a)(1)

My dispute is to be reported 605(f) and 623(a)(3)

I am entitled to a description of the procedures used 611(a)(6)(B)(iii)

Here's my letter

Dear Sir or Madam;

I recently reviewed my credit report online # . When I went to use your score simulator it indicated I had accounts past due by 90 days.

My question is are you recording any of my accounts as past due? It is not readily apparent from the report that is available to me, yet your score simulator indicates this.

Specifically are you recording or have anywhere in your data system the following accounts as past due, even though they are not stated as such on the report that is available to me?

Bank of America # xxxxxx

Chase xxxxxx

MBNA America Bank xxxxxx

Providian Financial xxxxxx

The FCRA requires that you disclose to me what is in my file. FCRA sect 609(a)(1) states such.

From your own site: • You can find out what is in your file. At your request, a CRA must give you the information in your file,

In the event you are reporting or recording these accounts as past due I am disputing each of the accounts. They are not now, nor have they ever been past due. FCRA 605(f) and 623(a)(3) provide you must show these in dispute on my credit report.

As provided by the FCRA sect 611(a)(6)(iii) I would also like a description of the procedure used to determine the accuracy and completeness of the information, including the business name and address of the furnisher of the information. Also the contact person and phone number if available.

Thank you

Julie

You could include the actual law and not just the section of the FCRA. The FCRA is part of the US Code of Laws. For example, [15 U.S.C. § 1681i, (a)(1)(A)] would be one way of doing it. If you look at the FCRA on this site it has the actual law referenced in each section, you would then just add the subsections like I did above.