sisflomi

Anyone that applied for Target card please read

Target told me that they don't approve anyone with collections on their credit reports. Has anyone gotten approved for target with collections or is she telling me the truth? I think she was just too lazy to figure out what was going on with my application.

Sis,

I got the Target guest & visa cards both and had 1 open unpaid collection. It was not in dispute at the time that I applied for just the guest card but it may have been in dispute when I applied for the visa card.

paw67

Yes, there are some creditors that go by your zip code to determine which credit reporting agency they are going to pull from.

Example - Illinois if you lived up towards the Chicago area, it would be likely that TransUnion would be pulled.

Georgia if you lived in the Atlanta area, it would be likely that Equifax would be pulled.

Reason for this, is because they know that particular credit reporting agency is strong in that area, and has a monopoly of most of the creditors there reporting to them, so they want to pull in as much local information to that area as possible.

Some areas are actually in the middle of territories - the CRAs are very competetive, stealing back and forth the customers they have.

Just never know for a sure thing, if you have a phone number to call in, you can call a creditors customer service once and be talking to someone in Colorado, and the next time you call the same number be talking to customer service in Florida! So that really throws in another element to knowing for sure how each office is going to pull by their location or by your location...

They pulled EQ on me. I have a paid lein, BK from 1996, 1 C/O from Crap 1, 4 open collections and 3 paid collections. Wow, that sounds really crappy doesn't it? :oops: I do also have 2 open positives and 15 closed postivies. My score is only 594 with EQ.

She was basically being lazy then and didnt want to process it the way they should with a fraud alert on the report. That just fumes me so much, I am pretty sure they would approve me, but they can keep their stinkin old card now. I might even send a letter to the pres of the company through pfb letting them know just what I think about this. I spend a whole lot of money at target, just spent 200 the other day. Not to mention what bf spends on his target card. (FYI, I let BF come back the other day, worked to hard to get where we are to give up now) I love target and do a lot of shoping there for personal things, holiday items, kids clothes, xmas gifts. Might just write that letter, make myself feel better.

Congrats sis to you & bf.

Definately send a letter via PFB. That is crazy that she didn't want to take the time to process it. With your score, I would think that there wouldn't be any trouble getting approved. Keep at them, don't give up on it, especially since you shop their alot.

Good luck!

paw67