copperarab

! sis..kb..HELP!! Losing my mind here...

OK..I have calmed down some since it has been a few hours, but I am still frazzled!

This is in regards to a paid Providian acct. thru ca, RMA. I paid this acct 13 months ago and have the receipt stating that they (RMA) would update the acct. with EQ. It never happened.

I disputed online with all 3 CRA a few times, always came back verified. In mid July, I sent a Nutcase letter, cmrrr, with a copy of FCRA rulings, copy of the paid receipt, etc to RMA....the tl was deleted on Equifax, updated on EX to $0 balance, and still shows a $191 balance on TU. I sent a second letter out with copies of everything from the first time, giving them (RMA)15 days to delete the tl...during this time TU reverified for the LAST time (frivilous letter) I never received the green card back this second time around. WEELLLLL I got pissed and called RMA this afternoon. I asked to speak to the person who sent me the receipt a year ago and was told 'no'. So I explained to the moron why I was calling. I had to explain it over and over again. He told me that they only report/update with EQ ONLY and that there was nothing they could do about EX and TU. I then asked him if I was going to have to take them to court? He asked for my acct. number and put me on hold for a long time.

When he came back he was a different guy named Michael. I told this new person why I was calling. He repeated what the first guy said and added that Experian got their info from EQ. When I told him that the CRAs do not share info he laughed at me and said I was wrong. He then said that his pc says that RMA HAD changed the tl a year ago...we got into a bit of an arguement over that! I told him that I had sent proof of a balance on ALL 3 CRAs just a month ago...he basically called me a liar. He said that if the Corporate Office had received proof from me that it would have been entered in the computer. I was put on hold again. Lo and behold along comes the first guy I spoke to....I asked him where Michael went, BRYANT claims that HE was the only one I had been talking to all this time and there was no Michael..then tells me to fax proof that EQ has been showing a balance all this time (until recently)..He said that Pam wanted the info (whoever she is) so I faxed over some papers just as they were closing for the weekend.

<Big Sigh> Basically I got nowhere with these people. The CSR's have no idea about FCRA rulings or how to read/input info on a pc...I don't know if I should call back on Monday, or write a letter and fax it or write to the OC (Providian) or what!!! I had asked Michael, well if you do NOT report to EX or TU, then HOW did the tl get there and HOW does it get verified? He couldnt answer me straight...kept repeating himself that he couldnt do anything.

IF I resend letters or faxes...should I cc copies to the AG office? I let these people know over and over that THEY are in the wrong and had better fix it now on all 3 CRA's...not just EQ....

Help?? Suggestions??? Anyone??? Please??

Sorry it's so long...it was a crazy and confusing phone call...

~lisa

I wouldn't bother with another letter unless it is an ITS with paper work filled out and ready to be filed. I would also do a pr letter with copies of everything again to cra. Make sure you quote the section of fcra which states they must take your proof into consideration while doing investigations. Then I would file a complaint against not only the ca, but the cra and the oc as well. Not just the AG for your state, but for their states as well, and to the FTC and to the BBB. I would also write a letter on planetfeedback.com to all three and send carbon copies to a local news station. That shoud get their attention.

This company is still capable of updating the credit report from their end, weather they know it or not.

They have 3 ways they can do this:

1. They can up date their tapes - or notify a processer to update.

2. They can send in UDF or Bullseye Form manually

3. They can forward you signed documentation confirming the fact of the matter that this needs to be deleted.

If they don't know how to do this, then they need to get assistance from their processer in this matter, or call the CRA / local credit bureau to direct them in the matter.

Are you contacting the address listed on the credit report showing for this exact company. Not any other one, but the one the CRA shows responsible specifically for this reporting.

If you still have problems, then let me know - really sorry to see this drag out for such a simple matter because they are just plain stupid to figure it out.

First off..thanks to both of you for coming to my rescue....I feel better this morning, plus your advice gave me food for thought.

What is a PR letter?

Also I need to read up on filing with BBB, AG, and FTC

I looked back at each CR...looks as if I have been going after the wrong people!! Each CRA has the OC (providian) as the reporting creditor but with different addresses..one has California addy, the other 2 has different Texas addresses. I had written a PlanetFeedback letter to Providian at the beginning of this whole process back in late May...no response.

So, I should go after them directly before filing a suit? Should I send ALL info to each seperate address cmrrr, or call around and try to get the main one? I guess RMA NEVER informed Providian I had paid this account a year ago.

I was told by Michael to send the 'paid' receipt to TU myself. I tried that, but TU informed me that it was too old and I needed an updated receipt...Michael refused to send me a receipt with a positive line such as "paid as agreed, no lates"...I told him they owed it to me since they were in the wrong, not me. Guess I have been messing with the wrong creditor/reporter all along.

I bet Providian will be a P-I-T-A too!!

Suggestions girls???

~lisa

What is a PR letter?

Procedural Request to the CRAs asking them how they verified.

Also I need to read up on filing with BBB, AG, and FTC

www.bbb.com this one will be fairly easy online, AG you will need to look up contact for your state (may be that a local court house / states attorney will have the contact for you to call). www.ftc.gov - I would suggest calling your complaint in on this one instead of using the site - I have seen it and it looks to be a headache on the documenation part.

I looked back at each CR...looks as if I have been going after the wrong people!! Each CRA has the OC (providian) as the reporting creditor but with different addresses..one has California addy, the other 2 has different Texas addresses. I had written a PlanetFeedback letter to Providian at the beginning of this whole process back in late May...no response.

So, I should go after them directly before filing a suit? Should I send ALL info to each seperate address cmrrr, or call around and try to get the main one? I guess RMA NEVER informed Providian I had paid this account a year ago.

No problem, sorry for the delay by the lack of their response - think capepuffen (Karen) had a real bad run in with Providian a few months back using www.planetfeedback.com - took quite a few complaints and calls and such to put their feet to the fire, I know it was quite involved - just can't remember her out come was on the old board some months back. But yes, would suggest writing to the addresses the CRAs have each individually - since these are the exact sources individually responsible for the reporting. Send them your proof, if you have a copy of the first correspondence then send copy of this as well and see if you can't talk them into removal since they have neglected responding for so long on this matter and for some reason keep veryifying with the CRAs. Also sick them on RMA for not notifying them of the fact that the account was paid!!! Tell them to check their damn sources.

I was told by Michael to send the 'paid' receipt to TU myself. I tried that, but TU informed me that it was too old and I needed an updated receipt...Michael refused to send me a receipt with a positive line such as "paid as agreed, no lates"...I told him they owed it to me since they were in the wrong, not me. Guess I have been messing with the wrong creditor/reporter all along.

Well Michael should of thought about checking with the original creditor on this matter. So their system is still not right by all means. They are just being a**holes about not forwarding you documentation which could of helped out possibly sooner in the matter - all they would of had to do was make mention that the debt was paid and the original creditor was Providian.

I bet Providian will be a P-I-T-A too!!

Suggestions girls???

Sorry - looks like back to the drawing board, but still you hit them with confidence and instill fear into them to fix this problem once and for all. Providian is your next target - best of luck with hunting them down.

If you have the means to speed this up - would suggest calling in, asking for the Credit Reporting Department and resolving this by phone, then insisting that they forward you fax of proof and take care of the reporting immediately on their end.

~Thanks kb....I will spend some time reading the links you listed...It's good to have knowledge when deaing with these CA, CRA, ETc....

I am atually looking forward to the newest challenge of dealing with Providian..ok ok..so i'm a sicko :lol:

Next it will be this nearly 6 1/2 yr old southwestern bell bill that I KNOW is not mine..TU hangs on to it like it's candy. It's with a California CA called American Agencies...they have never responded to my dv letters...

Right now, for sanity sake, I am going after these last 3 neg. items one at a time...

will keep ya all informed.

Oh YEah....Does anybody else have problems with this board freezing their pc's?? I can only get in once in a while..<sigh>

~lisa

On the Phone Company one which you mentioned - I would suggest activating fraud alert, and I have posted so much information on this subject in the ID Theft Section that you can get the correct numbers to call and follow up on. Even the FTC has an ID Theft Affidavit you can complete and send to the collection agency on this matter.

It is too old to file a police report on though - only 2 years back from the time it was incurred can you take legal action, but you can still follow up on all the other stuff related to this.

Fraud Alert is only activated for 3 months, but it will put a stop to online delivery of your credit reports for that period, unless you call in prior to then to cancel the Fraud Alert.

You should also find the body in your state that regulates the phone company and file complaint with them, as well as a complaint directly with the phone company of the ID Theft Case, as well as the Collection Agency which may be working this.

Try to investigate the matter, the trail might be cold, but always worth a try to discover if this was billing error, or if someone abused your personal information to open this account. Unfortunately when I assist people in these matters, I would most likely guess that 7 out of 10 it was a relative or someone close that ran up utility bills.

Oh, on the topic of the picture - it is not you, I also see my picture freeze up, but that is usually when I click on a persons name to enter a post instead of clicking on the subject title to get in. Something with the loading being different. Oh, use to be that way - might be other way also. I just get to the point that I don't always notice it.