*Dun Dun Dun Dun* NCO!

Anonymous

I got a letter today from NCO saying they will take $126 instead of the $193.85 I owe. I have NOTHING right now to pay..until my income tax check comes in. How should I handle this? I read what a pain in the a** NCO can be..

Also, is it too late to validate? It's *way* past the amount of time you're suppost to have..

It is never to late to validate a debt- Just remember that you need to never comment that you received the letter, in court they would have to prove you received it.

I just recently had a round with NCO- They have the reputation of being difficult. I mailed them 2 debt validation letters- 1st letter giving them 30 days-2nd letter giving them 15 days. The last letter was "intent to sue in 10 days". I received a letter from them stating the account has been closed with NCO and that information has been removed from all 3 CRA's. I was prepared to file a small claims case and never had to.

I'll second that comment made by candy. i too just finished a round with NCO and yes they are very hard to dea with, I gave them, over a period of six mths, 2 thirty day notices, (2)15 day notices and 2 five day intent to sue. I had prepared the small claim papers and was going to file when I sent a final fax to NCO. In two days I received a letter informing me of a deletion! Email me if you want. I may be able to help.... They also have atendency of transferring account to different CA that they are affliated with so that it seems you can never find out who actually has the alleged debt.