CA returning account to OC?

YaYa Chick

I posted this below but decided to new topic it.

Old account is going back to OC. It was bought by several CA's. (thank you for the listing on Debt Buyers, Top CA's, etc.)

My letter from the CA, stated that unless I contact them, my account was due to go back to the OC.

The SOL is up in 12 months or less and I really would like to settle with them but after getting screwed by one of the CA's (a collector cashed a check from me in the beginning) I have been very skeptical about paying it off. It's 4k and it's been around to Midland, Intellirisk, NCC or NCO, etc.

After finding your site, I read about Debt Validation. In the process of that, I get the new letter. I had been in contact with the CA a few times telling them I had copies of an amount that was different. I kept putting them off (phone talk only) until I found your site and then stopped phone calls.

What to do? Help, please?

Thank you.

Now that its back at the OC you almost have a monent of redemption. Contact the OC, with a goodwill phone call or letter, and try to work something out with them if you can so the debt doesn't be farmed out to another BS collection agency. Explain to the OC about the CA cashing checks incorrectly on you and that you ARE attempting to honor your debt.

But do further explain, "I really would like to settle with them but after getting screwed by one of the CA's (a collector cashed a check from me in the beginning) Have you already paid this off?????

:confused:

No I did not pay this off.

I had arranged payments and that's when the CA person working my account, had cashed a check. It got complicated and it was easier to ignore it than deal with more stress added to the situation. Time went on and here it is now.

Thank you for the suggestion.

Another important thing for you to take care of when dealing with the original creditor.

Let them know that since you are settling the debt directly with them, that you would appriciate them retracting the collection tradelines from being reported by the collection agencies, and if you can get a letter confirming this.

That way you only have one negative trade from OC instead of a few by the CAs as well.