collection after chapter 7

Anonymous

Hello, My chapter 7 was discharged in october 2002. I started my credit cleanup in january. I have made some pretty good headway, But i just received a letter from a collection account it went like this, There was an inquiry today regarding collection items on your credit report. As soon as you pay us in full, we will notify the credit bureau these collections have been paid.

This is a collection account for a $1200 medical bill. I disputed it on-line as not mine.Im sure thats why i got this letter. This debt was fully discharged in the bankruptcy.

So my question is what should i do? I know they cant collect on it, but i want them to delete it. Any ideas???

you write the collection agency back and tell them that the debt they are collecting on was included in a bankrupcy and that it was discharged in the bk. They must also delete any info on my CR's as they cannot collect on the debt as they are breaking federal bankrupcy laws. if you cant get them to do this they get your lawyer involved which means you might have to reopen the bk or go to court to file suit against them.