Reporting Inaccurate Information...

jeajack21

There is a Visa account on my credit report that says that it is a joint account. I have disputed with the CRA's that this account is not mine and it continues to come back verified. I recently wrote a letter to the original creditor telling them that they are report inaccurate information and I will sue them if they don't clear it up. They sent off a letter to me telling me it is my debt, not mentioning anything about it being a joint account (I have never had a joint account with them). Also, they sent off a copy of my visa application with my signature on it, with no joint signature signed. What do I do next?

Would call them up - and find out who the hell they have on file showing as the joint applicant. And if this party has been responsible for charges made to the account, and how to locate said person. Would immediately have them close the account or at least change the account number and terminate this other persons rights.

Need to investigate this further so see the extent of damage - and to know if you need to futher dispute with the creditor.

[Edit by kb9tbq on Saturday, March 8, 2003 @ 11:47 AM]

I have already communicated with the original creditor and they have sent me proof by way of a signed application after I disputed the validity of their reporting. The application says joint signature and it's blank. They are still reporting as it's joint. What do I do?

My point is - ask them to identify who the joint applicant is since none is showing on the application.

Could of been added after the application was submitted, that is the way of it with myself and DH. Added him, after the account was started.