Judgment & After validation

Tuffluck

A CA had a summons sent to my home, but I was not there to receive it. The person who received it didn't give it to me until after court date. Can I have the judgment vacated since they didn't put it in my hands?

The CA sent a follow-up letter stating, "We call your attention to the fact that the Associate Circuit Court has entered a judgment against you, and that judgment is now final."

Secondly, after you go through debt-validation and the CA removes their listing, the debt still exists with the OC. . . so they can forward it to another CA right? Then what?

You need to check with the court regarding summons notification in your state. Some states can get away with giving it to a resident at your residence and some MUST hand it to YOU.

On the CA removed and the OC reassigning another CA you'll have to start the process all over. I've had a few removed like that and OC has not "re-born" the debt...yet.