What law to quote for SOL?

Tee

I'm writing a letter to a collection agency that is trying to collect on a debt that is over 11yrs old. What is the exact statute to quote regarding the California statute of limitations being up? I checked the FCRPA and FDCPA and can't find what addresses the statute of limitations. Thanks.

I'm writing a letter to a collection agency that is trying to collect on a debt that is over 11yrs old.

I'm sure they already KNOW it's past the SOL. It's my understanding that the SOL only prevents them from SUING for this debt. And the 7-year limitation prevents them from REPORTING the debt.

But I think they can try to COLLECT for, well, ever. Send a Cease and Desist letter to get them to stop calling... and throw away the letters.

They might know its beyond the SOL, but that won't stop some of them from suing anyway. They are hoping that WE dont' know that an SOL even exists and, as an affirmative defense, if YOU, as the defendent, don't bring up the SOL defense, then it is forfiet and you lose !!!! So, you make sure these slimey CA's know that YOU know they can't sue you and send them the 'go away its time-barred' C&D letter.