NCO help/question

paw67

Just prior to starting my dispute/validation process, I received a collection letter from NCO financial with the usual, you have 30 days to respond...etc. Well, I sent them a letter (not cmrr - learned about that 1 week later). I did however, request validation verify that this was mine and how they arrived at the amount being owed. Well, today I received another letter from them regarding the same company except that the balance is different (lower this time), also account number is and they say that they would like to help me in getting this taken care of so the OC has allowed them to offer to settle for 75% of the balance and, of course, this is a "SAVINGS" for me and to please call and take advantage of their APS CHECKS service (YAH right... I know better thanks to everyone here).

My question is should I send another validation letter CMRRR and reference the original letter that I sent them or should I wait the 30 days from when I sent the original letter?

BTW - this is not currently on any of my credit reports also I never signed anything with the OC nor did I give them my ssn#. Any help/suggestions is appreciated. Thanks again!

paw67

OC is Paypal and the debt is approximately 1 1/2 years old. I have disputed this from day 1 with Paypal. The did a charge back on a credit card payment that I had received for an online auction. The item had been shipped but it was damaged in shipping but the buyer didn't get the claim filed on her end, instead she just denied the charge on her credit card and it was charged back to me. (Paypal was notorious for doing this to alot of people) I attempted to issue the insurance claim on my end but was told that it had to be done on the other end. I attempted to clear up with paypal but to no avail. Also, the balance that they are showing on the 1st notice is approximatly $275 higher than the actual chargeback and on the second notice is it approximately $175 higher than the chargeback yet it clearly states on the notice they send that there is $0.00 for interest and fees. Any suggestions??

Thanks

paw67

My questions are how can you be liable for something you never received? How was she able to deny charges on her CC? Did you have your CC deny the chargeback?

I would want proof as to how you are liable. Also, do you have her info. If so, go after her yourself, if necessary. Something just doesn't sound right.

This is 1 1/2 years old, but I suggest contacting your credit card and request documentation on all charges and request their intervention...

Usually they won't do anything after 60 days, but this is unusual and PayPal does not have the best reputation in this area...

Good luck