Sign in to follow this  
stevem5000

Performance Capital Mgt

Has anyone had any experience with Performance Capital Management???...good or bad...

They have phoned by 4 times over the last 6-8 months, trying intimidation over the phone...never gave me Mini-Miranda...never sent me a letter...

The last time they called they said they had sent me numerous letters and basically refused to send me a letter and suggested that all I was doing was trying to delay the inevitable, so I sent them a validation letter, CMRR...

Four days after they recieved my validation letter, they send me the usual demand letter, the first letter that I have recieved from them...

Now, I have about 2 weeks left on the first validation letter and I'm not sure if I should send another validation letter based on the demand letter I recieved from them, or continue on as if I never recieved this letter and send out my 15 day validation letter...

Any thoughts appreciated...

Thanx

Preformance Capital Managment have been very,very bad boys.

http://www.ftc.gov/os/2000/08/performconsent.htm

Were I you, I'd start checking my credit reports and if they've not marked accounts in dispute contact the FTC and the U.S. Attorney's office and report them for breaking the terms of the settlement of this lawsuit.

[Edit by bingo on Thursday, March 27, 2003 @ 05:59 AM]

They ignored all my validation requests until I referenced the case Swede posted, they folded quickly and closed the collection account.

Could work for you too!

HOLY SMOKES...!!!

Thanx a BUNCH...

I passed this onto my attorney...

Right now I have them for about 6 violations...maybe I can get a few more before I write the FTC...:)

Thanx again guys

Steve

I sent them a modified estoppel letter giving them 10 days to validate. Toward the end I threw in the following:

"Please be advised that I am aware of your recent settlement with the Federal Trade Commission, which demonstrates that you are well aware of the penalties for not providing me the lawfully requested information. I suggest that you get your records in order before I have to file a complaint with the appropriate state and federal agencies."

Nothing sepcial but I guess they were still feeling the sting cause they notified me the account was closed and they would no longer be contacting me and the account would be removed from my CR within the 10 days. This was back in 5/02 and I had already sent them two other letters which they pretty much ignored. All the letters I have used have come from this and other boards just changed them a bit to fit my needs.

Not good at letter writing so please just view the above as a place to start. Not suggesting this is suitable for anyone to put in a letter. It's just what I did.

Hope this was helpful.

Widget

Yeah Steve, it's on the creditnet site in the sample letter section. Under

"Validation letter 04/60 days"

Think you mentioned having an attorney if so you should probably run it buy him before sending it. Like I said I've changed it many times to suit my need.

Widget