Citibank

DVM04

I had my acct through Citibank Charged off three weeks ago and just received two large envelopes with statements of the entire last year. Has this happened to anyone else? Is this SOP or should I be concered about being a marked target through there legal services? Thanks.....

Bump -

Give some more details on this account; how long had it been open? Did they send you copy of the contract?

Not sure but think you would send them a letter back stating that validation was not complete. Really need to get others in here to point you the right direction.

I talk to you on so many boards....Thanks for all the input. Ok here we go over 200 days late....Charged off two accts with Citi and Discover. Just the other day recieved my entire year of statements from Citi in two large envelopes, no letter, instructions, or any info. Was recieving calls from National Financial Systems, CA for Citi for a few weeks and they offered a 70% settlement, told them if I had that kind of cash I wouldnt be in this mess....Have heard absolutly nothing from Discover, not even a single call from them or a CA. So now I am trying to borrow money to at least settle these accts....All that info deciding between Ch7 and settlement I talked to you about in the bankrupcy board....So thats the story...

This is a hard position you are in. If Discover is not bothering you at this time; what ever you do; don't dispute the credit reporting that will sure enough wake them up. Watch out for Discover none the less; they are well known for filing judgments.

Citi - you are pretty much running on borrowed time; if they are determined to work towards validating the debt. Settlement may be the ultimate in the end; unless you really decide to go for the bankruptcy - then don't let them get you to pay. Put your money towards the lawyer fees needed to file.

Another thing to think about; do you really want to have to borrow money from your family and friends and just keep throwing it away till you are rock bottom and have to file. Will need to take stock and decide before you go any further which way will be realistic for you to accomplish.

Not myself; but others can help you put together the rebuttal letters to stall the collection agencies to the fullest extent to buy you time though.

How do these judgements typically work? Will Citi or Discover notify me that they are seeking a judgment or lawsuit or will I wake up one day and my bank accts be seized? This is what I am trying to avoid, and would rather move towards the Ch 7. I am not contacting Discover or attempting to wake the sleeping dragon and I will let them do there own thing....I just dont know if Citi sending all my statements was a sign of impending suit....thanks again

WEll the sleeping Giant awoke, got a call from a Collection Attorney representing Discover. Now I am concerned about being sued. CAn anyone give me an idea of the chain of events that needs to take place if discover or citi take legal action? I cant wake one day and have my bank accts frozen...thanks

I had both Citi and AT& T take me to lawyers (which I did send a letter to explaining my situation and asking for a settlement)They ignored that and filed suit. What happens is that you get something that you have to sign, either by mail or delivered by a person, it is a bunch of legal papers informing you of the lawsuit and giving you a set time to reply to the suit. If you ignore you are automatically defaulted in favor of the CA/CC. Some brave people go to court and have been able to win the case just by showing up and the represenative from the CA/CC didn't show up. I wasn't brave,nor did I want it to go to default so I called the lawyers that had gotten the account and came to a payment agreement. One is a larger payment then I would like but I thought is was better then the alternatives. That been my experience anyways. They can't freeze your accounts or do anything like that without the formalities of going through court.