collection c&d

Anonymous

I was wondering if anyone could answer this question for me. I filed a disputed with experian about two weeks ago. The item in collections is a medical bill. I sent a C&D letter to the collection company via e-mail on Tuesday. On Thursday, I called to check the status of my diputes with Experian. The rep told me to hold on a moment. When she came back she told me that they had responded and they updated.

I ask the rep what date did they respond she said this morning. I told her that I had sent the collection agency a letter to C&D on Tuesday. I asked her was that a violation on their part for her to do that ? The Experian rep told me that I would have to contact the collection rep.I immediately called the collection company back ask to speak to the rep that I e-mailed the C&D letter attention to. Ask her if she had received the e-mail that I had sent on Tuesday she said yes, and that she has updated the file and just because I sent her a C&D letter does not stop their collection company from updating and reporting and responding to disputed.

Now I have already disputed with Equifax and Tran Union many months ago and these collection have been deleted over a year ago. can they be re entered since she states that she can up date or is it illegal for her to do that since the C&D letter was sent ahead of time. Hey guys I need a response ASAP I need to catch her in her tracts.

<blockquote>Originally posted by dremnpnk21

I sent a C&D letter to the collection company via e-mail on Tuesday.</blockquote>

WRONGO BONGO!

Next time send this to them in writing.

Im sure emails wont stand up as well as actual printed documents in court should the CA chose to violate.

Ok well the rep from the collection agency did acknowledge that she did get the fax. So you don't think that would hold up in court? Also I do have my confirmation from my fax that it did go through. Oh but let me mention this to you. Are you ready for this one. I get a letter from Eqifax on today. Open it up the date of the report is April 07, 2003. It clearly states that Equifax verified the item. And additional information has been provided from the orriginal source regarding this item.I am in total shock. Now I do remember calling them on April 10,2003 and they told me that the collection agency had responded that morning. So please explain to me how was Equifax able to put the collection company response in this envelope and according to the rep at Equifax they responded on Thursday April 10,2003. This response came in this report 2 days before the company ever actually responded. I think somethin is fishy about this. My Question is still out there. I want to know what can be done about Equifax reporting bogus response to our disputes. Also is the collection agency out of order responding to the dispute after I sent them a C & D letter?