What about "SILENCED" collectors?

Anonymous

Hello fellow (whatever you would call us....?),

What happens to collectors that I have not heard from in a while? Some were sold and some were "assigned." In both cases I sent requests for validations and also letters showing arbitration awards that I won AGAINST their client (except one of the ones that was SOLD, which I never took to arbitration).

Should I just keep pounding away at them requesting validation or just drop it? In some cases the collector gave up and I noticed that it was assigned to a new collector. Can I just keep responding to the new collectors with the same letters until they give up?

Also, would a letter from an attorney make it even stronger?

I just don't want to feel comfortable about this and have them try to collect 3 years down the road. Knowwaddimean?

Thanks,

Joe

Oftentimes several months elapse then a new collector pops up. Some are consigned, others are purchased for pennies on the dollar. Some creditors may wait until the SOL deadline approaches then file suit if they feel there's any chance of recovery. It would not be safe to assume they have gone away, however if they have, I'd let sleeping dogs lie!