Don't Have Address for Creditor

Anonymous

I sent a debt validation letter to Wolpoff and Abramson last week and received the green card in the mail yesterday. The letter was in response to their letter demanding payment for a debt they claim

I owe Citibank, which has been assigned to Platinum Financial. I intend to send a debt validation letter to Platinum Financial, however, the lettr I received from Wolpoff & Abramson doesn't give an address or even a state where Platinum is located -- I looked on the web under Platinum Financial and got about 10 companies, so my question is: Is is permissiable to send a debt validation letter to Platinum Financial c/o Wolpoff Abramson, CMRR, of course?

I have never been contacted by the supposed assignee of Cibiank, Platinum Financial, so I don't have an envelope to use for reference. I looked at the site you suggested and they are not listed there. I wasn't even aware of them until I received the letter from Wolpoff & Abramson (I do, of course, have their address), so should I go ahead and send the Debt Validation letter to Platinum Financial in care of W&A

while I try to find an address for Platinum?

Isn't Platinum one of the DBA's for OSI/Gulf State/Sherman Aquisitions/Alegis Group/Northland Group etc., etc. ??

Somewhere there was a post will all the DBA's listed and I thought Platinum was one of them. Have to find that post ...

**** I was wrong - Platinum is a DBA for Wolpoff & Abramson, same company !! Here's an address:

Street Address: P.O. Box 10247

Rockville, MD 20849

No phone number given, but I bet it you call W&A you'd get one.. LOL

[Edit by LadynRed on Wednesday, April 16, 2003 @ 07:57 AM]