nearing charge off

Anonymous

My OC have been hounding me, I am debating bankruptcy. They call me at work, every 2 days. Today First USA called 2x, my boss said I was not available and the woman hung up. Now, you know my boss is suspicious of a call like that. At noon a call came again. This time I got it, First USA, the woman was very kind and she wanted to tell me some options not to hurt my credit rating since I am almost at charge off status. I told her that I can not have calls at work, and she said she would take care of it. She said I need to call back today and she said she will help me through with some options. I also spoke to MBNA who also called today (at my inlaws again) and I asked them to please stop calling my inlaws home. He said it would be taken care of, but they tell me that every day. The are the worst for calling they call every day and leave long messages on my inlaws machine, and do say that it is in regard to my account. Today the man even said that since I am refusing to speak to them the account was handled over to him for collection. This is on my inlaws machine....I was so upset when my mother in law called me. I told him that my mother in law told them Saturday I do not live there and I called them back today to tell them that I do not want them to call. Then he wanted to know my father in laws name like a dummy I gave it. I told them they have to stop calling there it is upsetting them and he said again they would. But how will I know if they do. He asked me if I get the messages when MBNA calls there, I said yes, and he said that is why they keep calling. To make a very long post short. He said all we want to know are your intentions....He said are you financially able to pay this bill? I said no he said are you planning to file bankruptcy, I said I am weighing my options and will be in touch. He said I will note in your file possible filing....Does this now mean they will try to sue me before I file? He hung up then. How often can a creditor call you in a day, or week? I was really pounded today in the mail and on the phone.

I would start writing letters and stop talking, I would take this weekend and write out C&D letters to get them off your back. This will at least stop the phone calls and give you sometime to collect your thoughts and weigh your options. Good luck

For the one that just want to collection; get the address ASAP and sent a cease and desist letter; make sure that it is a partial C&D letter - allowing them to send you correspondence by mail only.

www.ftc.gov

www.bbb.com

Would put in complaints on the original creditors for harrassing you - see where this can be taken.

On telling the creditor about the bankruptcy; they may back off. Don't see it in their best interest to throw away money twards filing judgment - just for you to cleared out from under it by filing bankrupcty.

Tell your in-laws to file a complaint of harrassment with the phone company !!! An OC can pretty much do as they please to try to collect, but there are ways to put a stop to THAT kind of bullcrap. You do NOT live there, they have your correct HOME information and your in-laws do NOT have to put up with that.

As for the bankruptcy angle, they hear that threat 100's of times a day, it won't deter them one bit. MBNA is THE WORST in hounding you before charge-off. Their 'kindness' act is just that, an ACT and they will NOT keep any kind of 'promises'. Talking to them won't get you anywhere, they want money and if you don't send it to them, they'll just keep harrassing you and playing the 'good cop, bad cop' game.