Sign in to follow this  
jjulez

No CA response, B U T . . .

Here's the deal, I sent a CA a debt validation on 8/11/03, disputed as 'not mine' online with Experian on 8/21/03, and on 9/10/03 I received from Experian a 'VERIFIED and REMAINS' B U T nothing from the CA....what is my next step?

Write another letter to the CA asking him again to validation and let them know they have violated the provisions of the FDCPA 809 and that are not to continue to report to the CRA while you are waiting on this validation. They should say it is in dispute. Send the CRA a letter and tell them the CA has not validated and you still dispute the charges. Sis has some excellent letters that you can use as a guideline and don't give up the fight. The CA is trying to go over you head to get around the legal aspects of the law. :notworthy: Prepare to sue if they don't do their jobs properly :!:

Here's the deal, I sent a CA a debt validation on 8/11/03, disputed as 'not mine' online with Experian on 8/21/03, and on 9/10/03 I received from Experian a 'VERIFIED and REMAINS' B U T nothing from the CA....what is my next step?

The first violation would be that the ca verified this debt to the cra without marking it in dispute. The second violation would be the continued collection after a dv letter.