Sign in to follow this  
Ronalddog

Letter I received from Transunion.....

I received a letter from Transunion a couple of weeks ago stating that they were not going to process my disputes because they thought I was a credit repair agency.

I wrote an angry letter back CMRRR stating that I was not a credit repair agency and that I demanded that they immediately send me all correspondence that they claimed that was sent to them by any credit repair agency: of course they never responded but they did take action on my other requests in the letter (sending corrected copy of credit report to inquiries in past 12 months, removing collection TL, and their useless response regarding verification.

Today, out of the blue I recieve the following letter:

Thank you for contacting Transunion. Our goal is to maintain complete and accurate information on your credit report. We have provided the infomration below in response to your request.

Re: General Policy

The federal Fair Credit Reporting Act requires TransUnion to investigate, free of charge, information on your credit report that you believe is inaccurate.

If yo uhave reason to believe that the fee charged by a credit repair company was too high, and/or its services were misrepresented, please let us know if you would like your situation to be referred for investigation by filling out and sending us the form below. With your permission, we will provide the information you send to the appropriate authorities. It would also be helpful for you to attach any brochures or documents you received from the credit repair company.

What the h :twisted: ll? Are they for real?

Just about everyone ignores these letters from TU. They send them out pretty much to everyone that disputes, and are looking to stall the disputes and add time to the 30 days they have to investigate.

What the h :twisted: ll? Are they for real?

LOL, they have been trying to flush out the credit repair companies..... yup just ignore and carry on.

Although for the past several years I have written quite a few letters to the CRAs, this past year I have written over 100 letters to each CRA. The moment I included the following notation at the bottom of EVERY letter I mailed out, I never got one of those repair credit clinic form letters again.

- - - -

Note: I alone wrote this formal complaint in its entirety. I had no assistance from any third party such as a credit repair clinic; therefore you are obligated under the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) to fully investigate this consumer dispute.