Sign in to follow this  
big.leather.boot

wording on debt settlement letter

I'm using the sample letter linked on the site to counteroffer a settlement amt from a collection agency, but is the OC the "CREDITOR" or the CA? The account was charged off. Or should I say something like:

"Collection Agency XYZ., on behalf of Credit Card Co XYZ., referred to as CREDITOR and Blah Blah, referred to as DEBTOR..etc"

Or does this cover it..

"This Agreement shall be binding upon and inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and assigns."

..?

Thanks

I'm using the sample letter linked on the site to counteroffer a settlement amt from a collection agency, but is the OC the "CREDITOR" or the CA? The account was charged off.

The OC is the Original Creditor, the CA is the Collection Agency. There is a sticky in off topic section with computer lingo, and in the read before posting sections.

Or should I say something like:

"Collection Agency XYZ., on behalf of Credit Card Co XYZ., referred to as CREDITOR and Blah Blah, referred to as DEBTOR..etc"

Or does this cover it..

"This Agreement shall be binding upon and inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and assigns."

..?

Thanks

I would use the first one, and include the bottom part with it, cover yourself all the way around. This settlement for the amount of xx due to oc, assigned to ca, shall be binding blah blah blah.