Point of view?

Good morning! June 0f 2002 my son wrecked his bike and the trip to the ER required over 28 stitches to his knee. at the time, the insurance was 80/20 (but it was the last thought on my mind). The doctor did a piss poor job of stitching (hind sight as you'll see) and we finally got out of there with our prescriptions and crutches. The folow up appointment with the regular doctor for the stitches to get pulled 7 days later went well (or so we thought) until that night when the huge horrible scab fell off and the whole thing gaped back open. Called the Dr and off we went to the ER once again. New Dr. in ER this time(fantastic fellow) and he was NOT impressed by the damage done to the boys knee. (bad stitches, pulled to soon, ect) so we had to re-do the entire thing. and the Dr. wanted us to come see HIM for follow ups every three days (watching for looseness and infection). we did and now I have over a $400.00 collection account with NCO. should I dispute this? tell the hospital to pay it as we were following instructions? any ideas?

That is terrible... hope you can get them to reconsider on this matter!

I just heard the weirdest thing... most of the doctors in our local area, are suing the hospital!!!! And the newspaper listed the amounts which each doctor is suing for!!! There was about 10 or more doctors, will be interesting to see what they are up to. I would personally like to see the hospital take a hit.. cause we consider it to be a band-aid hospital! See what they do about improving their services, it has been amazing over the years to see doctors order tests and such.. just to have the hospital say no way you can't do that - seriously!!! My doctor quit working for the hospital and went back to private practice... and I know my mom's surgury which was planned was over rode by the hospital - they would not allow the doctor to operate.. so she had to get a new doctor elsewhere to get the services she needed. I don't understand where they get to say what services a community is allowed to have, just boggles the mind. Not that I am particularly on the doctors side... just will wait and see.

I Agree KB! our local hospital is considered a band-aid hospital too. They charge outrageous fees for iffy service! *snort* and they got gobbled up by a much larger corporation (university health systems) and got rid of some of the much loved local docs (all in the name of money). Those local docs were the ones who understood when you walked in with no insurance that $87.00 for an office visit was too much and they also were the ones to hand out all those free samples they get! (thinking) I always wondered what happened to all those free samples the docs no longer hand out! (nurses?, no more samples?, evil sample theives?)

I have been giving some thought as to how to make medical bills into good credit!

My dentist absolutely won't take insurance.. all service must be paid in full at time of visit. Well last year when I did not have the money needed, they had me fill out an application with American General.

12 months no interest!!! So now I have a good tradeline on my credit report... I went the whole way just paying the minimum to so I could put my extra money elsewhere.

Last time we had a major bill with our local hospital, I ened up on a 3 year $250 per month payment plan.. to their billing department. But I was thinking of next time... if they can finance through the local bank in town (just like our dentist did) or even if I have to deal with American General again, for a no interest loan. Make it work for me, instead of having to pay all of that and not get a thing to show for it!