Sign in to follow this  
poboy

student loans

I am about to file Ch 7 (pro se....if i could afford an atty that's how i would do it, but i have no choice right now :cry: )

I realize that I can not get my student loans discharged, but I can't find any info on where to list them on the bk. It seems like they would go on schedule e, but there's nothing listed on there for student loans. Any ideas??

I've heard that I HAVE to list em, but what happens if i don't??

Thanks in advance for any assistance you may be able to lend. This has got to be the scariest thing I've ever done. Thank goodness there's a site like this.

First off what state are you in? you should up date your profile to show your state... makes it easier to answer questions qicker.

I am not sure on what part you list the student loans sorry to say, but there is some bankruptcy links in the sticky notes in this section you can check out.

Federal student loans can't be discharged in bankruptcy, but State student loans can be.

i did a search for student loans in this forum and even looked at the main page (and searched google), before posting....came up empty handed, so i thought i'd post to see if anyone could help me. i know my student loans can't be discharged. i just can't figure out which schedule to put em on.

Student loans are considered PRIORITY UNSECURED DEBT and should be listed on the appropriate schedule as such.

Thanks, lady! That's what i was thinking....i would think it would be considered "taxes or certain other debts owed to governmental units", but i wanted a couple of opinions.

thanks again for your help!!