Sign in to follow this  
kjunior

Chapter 7 discharge

Hey guys, i just recieved my discharged papers from my chapter 7. I filed my 97 and 98 taxes on their as well and have not heard anything about those, so i assume they were discharged. I talk to a guy a few months ago who filed his irs taxes on his as well,a nd after his discharge he recieved a check for like $8,000. I wonder if that will happen for me. If the taxes were not discharged would i have something along with this letter telling me what creditors were not discharged. Now i do have some bills that i sent in along with $100 to add to my matrix, but the attorney said by the time they recieved the bills to add the discharge had already taken place. SO i should go in and pay those bills to keep from showing on my credit reports correct? They are like dish network, mci, and 2 or 3 other bills.

First, congrats, see you made it through!!!!

If yours was a no asset bk, all the debts you had that are dischargable are still discharged. Just send the credtors a copy of your bk discharge paper, and they should back off. Remind them in a letter that it is agaisnt the bk law to collect on these now.

Call your lawyer and double check this with them, I have read this over and over now.

So even the things that i didn't put on their i could still add to the bk and they'll back off. Just send them my paper work? The paper work that i have does not have these creditors on it, b/c they came after i filed and some while the discharge was taken place. SO just send them my paper work even w/out the creditors that were not added

Just send the bk discharge paper, nothing else from your bk. Here is where one place I read that info.

What if a debtor accidentally forget to schedule a creditor?

In a "no-asset" chapter 7 where the creditor alleges no fraud, willful or malicious injury, or defalcation of fiduciary duty, the debt is still discharged.

http://www.detroitbankruptcylawyer.com/DETAILED%20FAQ%20with%20Questionmark%20background.htm

I'll just send the 1st to pages of what was filed. The letter stating when i filed and. Theone that says Open New Bankruptcy Case with the case number. Should i also send the discharge papers as well?

The discharge paper should be enough, it shows everything they need to know on it. You can send the first two pages, but read the discharge paper good, it should have the date filed, and all that on it.

Yes that's all on there. I'll go ahead and send copies of that out to the creditors that were not included. Thank you so much b/c i was going to have to pay these off to keep from being added to my credit reports. I have worked so hard to get old stuff removed.

Will my scores start to improve since the discharge? I have no open accounts expect for my student loans now. Everything else is in my bankruptcy. I have no other debts at this point once i get these letters sent to the few creditors that were not added. I need to try and get my scores up to at least 550. One of my reports reflect 543 as of July 25th. I need at least 10 points to make it look better.

They could still add these to your reports. If you can pay them, you might be better off paying them. It would be continued collection, but for the sake of a long drawn out legal battle, pay it if you have it.

These are the scores my bf had at the begining of September. Eq went down to 575 because they dumped four good accounts.

His discharge was Aug 10, 2003. It is possible to get your numbers up.

TU 644

EX 640

EQ 602

Did your bk already hit your report when you got your current numbers? Is each account now included in bk on the reports? What have you done to start rebuilding?

These were the scores after the bk showed on my reports. Most of the things that i had i had deleted before i even filed. I have 2 capitol one's that are on there, 1 providian, 2 collection accounts, park dansan. I have 5 student loans that are in good standings. I have not done anything to rebuild, b/c i didn't htink i could just right out of chapter 7. I'll send the creditors that i have left the filed papers and the discharge papers. I'm just trying to keep them from showing up on my reports. I hope this helps and they note the accounts.

Good luck with it.

Go to the credit card section and look at the sticky rebuild your credit. Some good ideas there to start with.